3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "red Letter day!"...... part two  (Read 389 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
"red Letter day!"...... part two
« on: August 28, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
This is totally unrelated to my other thread:(Yesterday was a "Red Letter" day!!)

I got up early yesterday and took off on a day long road trip. 1st stop was to pick up Cobweb who had graciously agreed to come along with me as I was headed to Butch's place to deliver a few things(Howard Hill Big 5, quiver and a ghuillie suit.

As usual I never seem to get started as quickly as I planned...lol It was still early though so I ended up yodeling the sun-up in the cab of my truck with the windows rolled up..lol

Anyway we finally made it to Butch's where we were also met by Shawn Rackley.

Shawn turned out to be a really nice person that I'm glad I got to meet and look forward to doing some hunting with him in the not too distant future.

To say that I was impressed with his ILF bow would be a great understatement! It was sweet!!
Even Cobweb seemed to be impressed...lol It takes a bit more to impress him or at least it takes something more for him to disclose that he's impressed..lol

Butch brought out his new-to-him Northern Mist Sheldon and we were all impressed with it too!

My day trip still had a ways to go so after saying our goodbyes for about 45 minutes..lol Cobweb and I loaded up my (new-to-me) John boat with its motor and trolling motor and hit the highway once again headed for Rolla where we were to meet up with Loyd(fornmerly known as Gunsmith).

Here is the reason for the trip to meet Loyd.

Loyd has to be one of the most versatile handy men that I've ever met. I'm not sure that there's anything that Loyd has ever really wanted(kids included..lol) that he hasn't at least tried to make it himself.

I am truly amazed at the skill he has mastered over his lifetime. I'd be willing to bet that there are enough folks on this site that know him and his work in a variety of medias that could vouch for what I'm telling you.

The pictures of this little teardrop camper gives a testimony of itself.

Thank you Loyd!! I will be hard pressed to stay at home once I have it all legalized with plates.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Claypipe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "red Letter day!"...... part two
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Mudd you are really getting setup to spend some time in the woods this year.  Good luck to ya.
I love animals!  They're delicious!

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »
Mudd,   That is better then any motel anywhere...Make sure you have a fresh air hole somewhere incase you eat to many beans...Just thinking to myself that little teardrop camper can also double as a nice "layout box" (Coffin)...  :D

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
Man, that is the coolest little trailer I've seen. Something like that would be perfect for a guy to take just about anywhere and stay warm and dry.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
GT,

I think it's dang neat too, but I'm with Keefer.

That looks almost like a giant pig roaster and made of metal, no vents, no windows... hoooey. I bet you could cook GRITS in there during the day.  :)

Bet that sucker pulls nice though and don't drop the gas milage too much. Nice bow-box on the front!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Nice set up !!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
Yeah roy next time i see yeah i will make sure and bring those grits u wanted me to bring.  :)  lol. and that is a nice little dry spot to lay your head. i am going to call butch tommorow, and see if he wants to come up tuesday. then we can get down to some shooting. if we dont come up i might check "the spot" for hogs. and i will report the findings to ya. great meeting u too.
fellow tradgangers. might i add. that butch and mudd are some of the finest guys around. glad i got to meet them.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
That's just the right size to pull behind your new hunting rig. I like it. Might wanna get some heavier brakes though. Deffinetly a good trade!
Magnus.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
Nice looking coach Mr. Mudd. You should stay warm in that.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline loyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
looks a lot better at your house than at mine. loyd

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Hahaha!!! I couldn't agree more Loyd!!

I'm taking it up to the Ag engineering shop tomorrow. It might have two doors when I get it back home.(fingers crossed)

God bless,Mudd

PS: I'm also heading over to the trailer place to see what a smallish low profile skylight would cost.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »
way to go Mudd  :clapper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 02:47:00 AM »
Way cool.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©