3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Made a decision...season "come along" thread. Bow picked with pics.  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Made a decision...season "come along" thread. Bow picked with pics.
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Good stuff Ishi...glad those arrows will be put to good use.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
That they will Dave! Like they were made for that bow. I hope to get one red, even though they are so pretty!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Hey thats what they were made for..if you get lucky make sure you post a pic.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Wow, over a weeks since I was out scouting or anything. Im shooting a bit here and there, and think if I limit myself to 15 yards I will be fine.
After the year I have had, it will be nice to get out there into nature, watch the woods wake up, and just breathe.
I have some pretty good hunts planned in other areas too, so Im thinking a decent shot opportunity is likely...

Season opens in a week or so, and the pics and updates should really start moving along as well. The work schedule just happens to allow some early morning hunts.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
I had a perfect shot opportunity tonight. Five yards, broadside, munching on acorns. I even drew the bow, anchored and picked my spot...

Had a nice young buck come in with almost the smallest spikes I have ever seen. Maybe, and I mean maybe, 3 inches. I let him walk, even though the set up worked perfectly.

I also had about ten turkeys scratching and feeding behind me at about thirty yards. They kinda knew something was up in that tree and kept their distance.

That and a gazillion squirrels and their antics. A great afternoon in the woods, even though I was not even close to ready as far as stands being set and gear being ready. That is why they make climbers though. Im already wanting to go again.

I had to work a double Friday nigth at 11 until 3 pm yesterday, opening day. I ended up sleeping in this morning. Turned out to be a pretty good afternoon though.

The view from the stand. The spike was in front of that v-crotch tree.

Until next time...

-Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2010, 06:15:00 AM »
Man what slow season for me. Between work and seeing my son as much as possible, I have only made it out three times. 14 deer sighted, most within bow range.

Major development. I hung up my Dad's recurve. Decided to wait until next season. Get a new string, build some arrows for it. Practice with it a lot more. I owe it to the animals I hunt to be confident and efficient with my weapon, and for some reason, recurves are tough for me.

The bow I will be carrying for the rest of the season is a new to me Treadway, 55@28, heritage 150's at 29.5 " with 175 up front. I figured out that, atleast for me, hunting will always take me down a path "with dad". He would want me to use his bow(s), but he would want it done right too....

Heading out this afternoon to a sweetspot. I will only hunt this spot with a N-NW wind, and it is a ground blind. Huge tracks. Rubs, scrapes and trails that look like sidewalks...

Anyway, the next couple of weeks should be interesting. Hope you stay tuned.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©