3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope and Faith by Lewis Hollow...  (Read 2659 times)

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of Hope and Faith by Lewis Hollow...
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
I had some old woodies that I got when I bought some deadheads. The deal was for 1/2 doz deadheads and 1/2 doz razorheads. Guess what? The woodies with the razorheads fly like freakin DARTS!!!!!!!!

Woe be unto the hog that crosses paths with me for the next three weeks!!!!!!!!!!

I am really looking forward to these next few hunts.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Go git em'!!
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »
:clapper:     :archer2:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline sunny hill archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Got within 15 yards of a red boar hog this morning around 8:45. Too thick to shoot. Needed one more step.... The cussed wind swirled. Maybe Friday.
The old order is passing. Swiftly receding into memory are the days of strong, earnest men who followed an atavistic yearning to pit their skills against wild animals.

Billy Ellis

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
Sunny-Now I know where you were at this morning. I was cursing you on my text about not killing any hogs. I expect pics reeeeeeeal soon.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
Stay after em Sunny.

Faith got some foul play this weekend....someones got pics.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
Terry,Sunny says Woods is coming reeeeeal close. I've got a feeling it wont be too long before blood is shed.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
Yep...pulling for woods for sure.    :pray:    :pray:    :pray:

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Faith arrived safely in Texas today!  I dressed her up in some of Frank's bearclaw antler bolts and matched with some Gt35/55's with 200 grains up front and she is tuned and ready to go....
Most of my hunting land for spring turkeys is either burned or they are drilling a oil well on it,,, but we will certainly dance the dance and see what happens....stay tuned and wish us luck!
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
Good luck Barry !! I'll be lookin for some feathers  :thumbsup:  

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Go get em', Barry

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
JoeBuck has Hope....and a likely spot....so hopefully both will score soon....

T

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
FAith is getting out a couple of times so far...sure is dry and windy here...every step is a crunch and things are pretty barren....So far in last year's nests there are no birds this year...
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
Keep after them Barry.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
Finally got to hunt Hope a bit before she heads to Tom Phillips and Bear Quest.. I've had a lower back that has put my hips out of commission and haven’t been able to walk for a week; with a ton of Ibuprofen I decided to take a walk and see if Hope and I could find some trouble. I've hunted this ranch in Indian Valley for a few years now and have a fair Idea where the hogs will be if they are on the ranch. I've only managed to time it right once as they use this 3700 acres as a highway and are not permanent residences here...

Beautiful morning at Indian Valley Ranch...

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
I spent a few days shooting Hope and I have to say this is a very sweet bow... very smooth on the draw and the 3555 I use with my Big Jim Buff were made to order for Hope..

In the far north east corner of the property there is a cattle tank at the bottom of a long draw. It snakes thru the property and the East Ridge affords perfect wind to walk the edge and peek into every nook, cranny and hiding place that it has.

Hope watchin the wind for me  :)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
I started walking when there was barely enough light to see and slowly made my way up the draw. Along the way I found quite a bit of sign but the air was dead quiet and I did not see or hear any hogs but the evidence said they were using the area recently…

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
At the end of the draw and the property line I stopped for a drink and a bite to eat. Hope and I had covered a mile or so and I was trying to figure out the next plan.

Hope needed a rest...

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
After a bit I decided or rather the wind decided that the only course we could take was to slowly go back the way we had just come. This goes against my normal inclinations as I would normally look at this path as used up, but after some thought I decided there was not a choice.

Slowly I went back down the ridge staying just off the top so as not to skyline... we walked… Sounds? A smallish red body?  Three black body’s? Maybe a dozen hogs appeared at the bottom of the draw. They were moving at a pretty fair clip and my position made it impossible to approach them strait on. There was a small crease in the ridge to my right and I figured that if I could reach that and pop over the top away from the hogs I could move ahead of them and wait for them to come buy me?

Come on legs, Ibuprofen don’t fail me now…. I got ahead of them and came back over the top. I had run, that’s right a fat 60 year old ran and the pumper was field testing the buttons on my jacket. The hog had either stopped to rest or I am faster than I think as they were now about 50 or 60 yards down the draw and heading my way…. I wasn’t that happy with my location behind a big oak, not because it didn’t cover my position well but because it was pushing my range threshold a bit but it was the only available cover. I
Waited for what seemed like an eternity but was probably only a minute…. All in all there were a dozen hogs in the group. They were all on the smallish side but for me they would make dandy eaters… They walked by me but stayed on the opposite bank out of range and I thought I was not going to get a shot, and then a sow decided she liked something in my direction and started to walk my way… closer… come on old girl turn, turn… that’s right a few more steps…. Come to full draw that’s the spot….. I shot and with grunt as my arrow bounced off the top of her back and my hunt ended… I sat there for the longest time trying to figure out what I had done. The truth is I just missed, somehow I misjudged the distance and shot high and that sow got her first shave...

I truly wish my work schedule and health would have allowed me a little more time to with Hope, someone is going to get a sweet shooting bow and help the kids at the same time….

Thank you for letting me spend a bit of time with her …

Now she's on her way to Tom Phillips and Bear Quest...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©