3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope and Faith by Lewis Hollow...  (Read 2686 times)

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of Hope and Faith by Lewis Hollow...
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
Great story with a great ending!!

Way to go Nathan ... Miss Hope's got some MOJO now, as if she needed it    :)  

:coffee:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
Great Job Nathan!!  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline PA-Spot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »
Great shot, good helpers.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
nice deer!,,,,this is pressure now with Hope here in December.
"Us vs Them"

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
Okay Miss Faith..... how are you doing in the wilds of Virginia ?
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
I took Ms. Hope camping this weekend.  We never had an opportunity for a shot, but I have found some really nice looking areas.  I did do a little stumping and shooting at the camp.  Pac "Friends call me Pac" came over Saturday. We shot a little and he introduced my 2 boys to Flu-flus.  I have not heard the end of that yet.   :rolleyes:   That is all they want to shoot now.

I still have about 2 weeks left, I should ahve plenty of time to "make hay" with her like Mudd has told me to do.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting my date with Ms Hope. I have 11 days off in November and a certain deer on the brain with OUR girl in mind

I am staying away from him until November. By then his levels outa be up and he should be on his feet in some daylight. Keep after it!
Mike Davenport

Offline Mac Hicks

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
I have been out with Ms Faith 4 times now and have not drawn on  a deer yet.  I'm hunting a new spot near work so I can get in a few afternoons on the way home.  I have seen deer every day, but they have been coming in too late for a shot.  Got winded late this afternoon, but it was really too dark for a shot anyway.

I took her on a road trip last weekend to my place in Patrick county.  Only had time for one hunt from my ground blind and did not see a deer.  But I know they are there....had 145 pictures on my covert camera in the last 2 weeks.  I think the 30-40 mph winds may have had them laying pretty low.  I'm going back out there this weekend and hope my luck will change soon.  

What county are you hunting in Michael?  I have been going out to Fulton county for the last 15 years in November to hunt with a friend.  Good luck with taking one of those Illinois bruisers with Ms. Hope.
U.S. Navy Retired 1965-1989
TGMM Family of the Bow

There are 2 secrets to wisdom: 1. Never tell everything you know.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
Lost track of this thread... Great Job on the Buck Nathan!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:  

Looking forward to the pics Wapiti792. All the best to you on your hunt with Hope...

Offline Mac Hicks

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
Well, my month with Ms. Faith came to an early end this past weekend when I had to leave on unexpected business travel.  It was a good 3 weeks, but no game was taken and I had to leave just as things were starting to heat up with a lot of activity where I was hunting.  Had a few close encounters, but did not get the right shot.  It was great to have the chance to hunt with this very special bow, but she was sent off to spend November with Paul Mattson on Monday.  God luck Paul, and I hope you can get it done with Faith.  Here are a few pictures of her here in Virginia.

Groups with 35-55GTs and Jack Denbow St. Judes larch arrows in fading light the first day.

My Lone Wolf Assault where I passed a couple of shots in low light conditions.

Practicing from deck, Faith wearing GN quick detach quiver.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mac Hicks

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
Here are a couple of pictures of my last hunt on Saturday.  Used my Waldrop pack seat and ASAT leafy suit for a ground hunt. These pictures were taken along a clear cut in bright sun on the way in to my spot on the Potomac river.  My uncovered hands really shine and and show the need to wear gloves.

ASAT leafy strapped to pack seat.

BTW Jimmy, the 160 gr. WW elites did really fly good on the 60-65# larch arrows. They (and the 35-55 GTs with 250gr. up front) weighed about 600 grains and Faith shoots them with great speed from a 48# bow.  That is a really quiet shooting bow with the ultracam string and cat whiskers.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Great pics Mac! Glad you had a good month with Ms Faith. I realized I didn't answer your question from your post...I am in Hamilton Co in So IL. Things are heating up here. Tons of new scrapes and a little trolling going on. Can't wait to jump in it with Ms Hope  :)
Mike Davenport

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
There are pics not showing up on page 4....can we please get them back up?  I will transfer them to the TradGang server if need be.

Thanks,

T
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Heh Mac,
Sure wished you could have scored with Miss Faith for us southpaws. Looks like we are going to start out here behind the 8 ball to Miss Hope.

From the looks of your bag target, yep them larch arrows are flying fine ! Nice tight group bud. Love that pic of the ASAT leafy suit too. Man do you ever blend in. If you would have had your hands covered and Miss Faith was not shining in all her glory there I would have had to look for you in that pic at first glance.

Good luck to the the next two November owners of the gals ! May your arrows fly true.
TGMM  Family of the Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
alright Mike, I just sent Ms. Hope off. She is headed your direction.

I did not take another deer with her, but we sure had fun trying. I found an 8pt that is about 20" wide and 10" G2s. It will probably score in the high 130's, maybe even lower 140's. That is a pretty good 8pt for this neck of the woods.

I hope she does well for you all in the months to come. I feel privliged to have the opportunity to hunt and take an animal with such a special bow. Thank you all for the opportunity, especially Terry for allowing me to be a participant and Lewis Hollow Archery for making this journey possibe with Ms. Hope and Ms. Faith.

God Bless you all,
Nathan

But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:00 AM »
Just got a very professional looking case with a beautiful righthanded gal inside. As soon as I can finish my day I am going to vote and then put some arrows through this beauty...I have tomorrow afternoon off, a NW wind, and bucks starting to troll here in IL. Thanks Nathan for getting her here in time for a hunt. Pics as soon as I can!
Mike Davenport

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Good luck Bro ! Not sure exactly where you are in ILL, but we got to hunt in Johnson Co. for a few years in the Shawnee NF. You guys in ILL are truly blessed to say the least. I would trade a few weeks hunting in ILL for a whole season here in TN. Hope we can get back soon, but in this economy and with ILL non res going up $40 every year just got a little tough on me. I also have to buy two license now with my son going too. Miss Hope will do you proud I am sure.
TGMM  Family of the Bow

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
Well got Ms Hope out and shot yesterday after work. I found a skinny carbon, CE Edge 250 with 250 gr Woodsman Elite flies great. She is a nice bow. Even drawing her to almost 30 inches, I feel very little in the way of stacking. Within 10 shots I had awesome groups at 25 yards, my self imposed maximum range.

Just as I got comfortable and with light fading I looked across my 40 to the neighbors hay field and witnessed the first chase activity of the year. I had 45 minutes of legal hunting light, and even though the buck chasing didn't get my interest up, the 6 does did. Wanting to make hay while the sun was shining I stalked to within 40 yards of the doe group. Unknown to me, a little forky popped up right up in front of me at something like 10 yards. He came UNGLUED and the jig was up. All in all not a bad 45 minutes with Ms Hope  :)  Looking forward to the next 27 days with this great bow! It is a beauty and a real pleasure to shoot. This is gonna be fun   :thumbsup:
Mike Davenport

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
I am glad she arrived safely.  I told you she was a shooter.  I hope you kill a good ol' IL toad with her.  I will be expecting to see some crazy pics with lots of bone in a few days.

God Bless,
Nathan

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
Had a great 2 sits with Ms Hope. Last night I had no real action other than a racoon. I did see a familiar face on the way to the stand though. Nice of her to root me on!

Those racoons love these things. Thankfully for me so do the deer around.

I had hoped this guy would show up, but nothing but me and the girl hangin' in a big 'ol oak tree.

Mike Davenport

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©