3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow Stick-tite Glove  (Read 330 times)

Offline VA Robinhood

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow Stick-tite Glove
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »
I have been shooting domascus glove and wanted to try a cordovan type glove, so I bought a stick-tite glove from black widow.  How does everyone break in their thick leather shooting gloves and how long should it take.  So far I like the glove, but it is really stiff.

Offline rholzie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Widow Stick-tite Glove
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
I am on my second year with my Black Widow glove. It was stiff at first but since I shoot about 4-5 doz arrows /week on average, the glove has naturally softened and has comformed to my hand and fingers pretty well. So just keep shooting and shooting and shooting, Robinhood!
~Whisperstik MojoStik~
~Predator Hunter~
~'70 Kodiak Mag~
~Centaur~
~Kanati~

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
That stick tite glove is a different animal. What I did is on the bottom of the finger tips, I trimmed in the U shape with a good pair of short leather scissors so that when I bend my fingers to grab the string, the leather does not push against my other finger joints. In other words, make sure you have enough leather to still grab the string, but the U cut will continue past where it stops now so that you get a better fit and freedom of movement when you bend your fingers. It took me a while to trim them to my liking, but they work great now. I just don't have them broken in enough yet to use. I have been using the similar glove by widow that just wraps over the top. I find if you get the finger tip overlays, you have to basically cut them off if you really want it to fit as they will come unstitched if you trim the glove. The overlays tend to be too long. Thus I just use the single layer thickness widow glove or stick tite glove so I can tailor it to fitting me correctly. Hope this helps.

matt

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
About 3 sessions for me - less than 100 shots..

My favorite glove to date...mine do not have the overlays....

><>
glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
I have the other Widow glove and it took about 3 sessions and I was good I shoot about 150-200 arrows when I shoot. I know I am a maniac and can't stop sometimes. I will tell you that the glove will stretch and a size smaller might be a better choice. I have a large hand and the large I bought is now a touch big. Good luck.
USMC 82-86

Offline VA Robinhood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »
Thanks for the responses... Sounds like I just need to do a lot of shooting over the weekend.

How often do you apply something like Montana pitch blend to your glove?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©