3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Teen age daughters!!!! Into the strangest stuff I tell ya...  (Read 825 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Teen age daughters!!!! Into the strangest stuff I tell ya...
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
You have obviously been a huge positive influence on her young life.  It shows in the bows and the photography.  It is so cool that you have managed to keep up that great relationship right on through what can be some difficult years for many fathers.  Great job Dave!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
Very nice story and some great pics!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline ishi1archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Great job Dave and great pictures. If you keepem in the woods they wont be on the street.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by vtmtnman:
Will make some fella very lucky one day.
And if Dave is anything like me, he'll try to make sure someday will be when she's about 30!!   :laughing:  

Congrats man, it looks like you've got yourself a great daughter.  Can't wait to see her pics from her first deer!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
Too cool!!! Those pics are great bud, your daughter and her friend have some talent, really!

I have a 2 year old daughter... I am planning on raising her the same way you did bud and can only hope that she turns out as cool as yours  :thumbsup:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
Gee, Dave, I think you have a budding actress , or photo layout director/model there but whatever - you have one to be proud of, I'm sure. Even if she never does any of those things, and just remembers dad's teachings, as she seems to be doing, she'll be a "keeper".

I'll have to pull a couple of those Full Draws - will be on Page 22 of my Traditional Bows drawn section of my website - soon. Just keep checking.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Threads like this make my heart soar, but also somewhat sad not having had kids...I've had to live vicariously through my friends' children.

That is amazing series of pics and she is one pretty young lady. As I tried to put myself in your shoes, Dave, I just had to smile.

What a joy, but as you know and have been counseled here already... hold onto yer hat!

That li'l heart breaker is gonna give you grey hair yet when the boys start flockin around..if they've not already!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
Your a very lucky man and she is lucky to have been exposed to the things you have shown her....well done!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Great photos.  You surely must be proud of her.  I speak from experience that kids will remember the trips and experiences you exposed them to all of their lives.  And I don't mean just your kids, any kid you took the time to teach.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
That's some pretty cool stuff there.  Some creative pictures too.  Hopefullt we'll see a pic w/ her and her deer in about a month.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline va

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
Dave, Dave, Dave,

Everybody has been trying to cover up the obvious.  That poor girl will never be normal

as in normal like the computer game and image obsessed people who think success is being noticed in a tabloid or a reality (HAH!) TV show.

Congratulations to your entire family.  Keep the stories flowing and enjoy every part of your kids as they grow to adulthood.  I have three kids that just make my heart bust... even when they make me crazy (purple stripes in strawberry blond hair).
Poor folk with poor ways, but rich just the same.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
Very cool & I agree a beautiful young woman with the right things on her mind.

I only hope that my 8 & 3 year old's will turn out like your daughter in intrests, trust me I'm trying, my 16 year old with her mom "first marriage" well I still lover & cherrish her...
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
My daughter is three will be ordering her a bow after I get this Hurricane outta the way - this thread just fired me up that much more. Great pictures, sure you are very proud.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 11:38:00 AM »
[/QUOTE][/b]

Yea, I guess your right.  I gotta clarify though, the "friend" was a neighbor girl, not a boy.  They've been friends since about 3 years old and her dad was my best friend and the guy who taught me most of what I know about bowhunting.  He died of cancer a few years ago and I've kinda adopted his daughter when it comes to doing outdoor things.  

I just thought it was funny/great that two teen age girls would take a summer afternoon walk in the woods and take a bow and arrows along.  Too cool! [/QB][/QUOTE]
Congrats, that is awesome.  I hope my 2 little ones keep the love of the woods in em when they get older!
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline mambashooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
beautiful daugther..know you are proud.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
Terrible when a good kid goes bad like that. The teenage years are a troubling time for them.
Congratulations on a fine young lady.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline VAFarmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
Obviously the product of parents who have taken time to "be with thier children" when they are with thier children.
Not off somewhere, still at work in thier mind's eye.  Or what they could be doing in thier free time.  

This type of thing is good to see, lets us know that the family is still important. Your interest in what she is doing also reflects this.

God has been good to you, as He has been to us all.

God bless,

Farmer

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »
Holy Crow, Dave! She reminds me of me! (She's much prettier than I was at her age, though.)
I sure would have a blast with her in deer camp. She and I seem to notice the same type of stuff, and she certainly has an eye for photography.

I am eaten up right now with tick and skeeter bites. All those bare legs and arms have me scratching, even where I haven't been bitten yet, LOL. Thank you both for sharing a wonderfully fun afternoon, and for letting me know that there are still some well-balanced folk growing up out there.

Do me a favor, and show her my story in Memorable Hunts, here is a link. I think she will see that we are much alike.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=90;t=000382

Killdeer   :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
no one could be like you killie your priceless i mean that in agood way.  :)
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ductape

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Thats awesome Dave!!!  Hope to see ya"ll at Snows this year.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©