3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Teen age daughters!!!! Into the strangest stuff I tell ya...  (Read 824 times)

Offline red pony

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Teen age daughters!!!! Into the strangest stuff I tell ya...
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
Your daughter is great!  I only wish the good lord had given me a daughter.  Cherish these moments.

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Some of Gods greatest blessings Dave. Make sure you thank him. Take care and God Bless.

Offline Gtownviking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
No one told me what it would be like when I married my wife who has a (then) 13 year old daughter.  I had no clue what I was walking into.  Had no clue my heart had room for so much more love.  Tis a cool and VERY SCARY thing to be a teenage daughter's dad!

My daughter does the same thing with her camera.

Congrats sir and be proud, very proud.  Heritage is a good thing.

BTW, the picture with the arrow "pointing" at the camera is by far the coolest shot.
Here, hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
:clapper:
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing Dave.  Don't think you will have to worry much when the boys start coming around.  The longbows seem to keep them in line.  I watched my 15 year old daughter one day while shooting in the backyard with a boyfriend ( a compound shooter by the way)  I could see he was trying to tell her how she should be shooting.  About that time the longbow whipped around, using it as a 'pointer' she pointed to a spot 20 ft away, at which time he walked away like a little whipped pup and sat down.  She continued shooting 'her way', and to this day still out shoots her dad.  Your story brought back some great memories.
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
Congrats Dave.  Thinking back to when I was 15 (uggh, 14 years ago!) I'd count your daughter as a looker for sure.  That thought makes me reflect furhter - I'm a hard core traditionalist.  I have never harvested an animal with anything other my longbow save for a few ducks by way of scattergun, but I can honestly say having only married 6 weeks ago, if I have a daughter she is wearing nothing but turtlenecks and sweatpants until she is 35 and the first time she brings a boy thorugh my front door he will be greeted by the sight of me practicing reloads with my Mossberg!  

Best of luck to you Dave, you may want to look into to that acerage and backhoe suggestion.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
you did good buddy.the title of your post had me scared for a moment.i have seen alot of buddies daughters go down the wrong paths.it looks like you gave your daughter a good map.good for you,i think she will turn out fine.good luck this season to you and your daughter,steve

Offline BigStriper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Dave it looks like you have done Well raising your Kids,those are some Neat Pictures your Dauther and Friend took,Good Luck to You and Your Dauther this Season,and many more,

Kurt

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Great pics. She and her friend have a great eye for the camera, a talent that eludes many of us.
Its one thingto snap a picture, but those are pics that jump out at you when you look at them.
Fantastic pics, and congrats on a well raised young lady. You're a blessed man.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Huntnjim

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
She looks like she means it. Thanks for passing it on Dave.
PBS Regular Member since 1989

Offline storm5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
You are a lucky man. Tell her good luck with the bow this season

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 05:55:00 AM »
Congrats Dave!

I'm typing this while sitting in a cabin at bear camp with my 16 year old daughter. She is sleeping and I'm trying to catch up on some things. We were supposed to have been going home by now, but she has hunted really hard and we haven't seen a bear yet. She just doesn't want to give up. You'd think she'd be discouraged and want to get back to her friends, Facebook, etc., but she is determined to get a bear.

Like you said, daughters do the darndest things.

Again, you have every right to be proud and happy.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
IB, tell your daughter she has the right idea (not giving up). I have a friend ("MP", on here) in WV who has two teen age daughters - both have got their bears - but he's still trying - LOL (and he's a good hunter, another friend, Lonnie, from there tells me - all great folks too.)

LOL to V I Archer - He doesn't know the half of it yet, though - I'd like to be around "then" to say, "Yeh, how'd that work out for ya, buddy?"     :laughing:  
Because we raise them to be self-sustaining units, our precious daughters wind up with minds of their own, for sure, and tendencies to make their own bad/good choices - God bless them all.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Neytiri you have competition in the woods now!
Make a life, not a living

Offline TommyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Dave,

You best be cleaning the shotgun when the boys come a'callin!!  It's good to see a young lady with some depth in the age of Paris Hilton.
TommyBoy

Offline KEG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
Dave, you did good!

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
Dave,
 My teenage son said he wished we lived in Missouri... Tell her a Georgia boy has a crush on her... Great pics, I agree with Tommyboy, nice to see that in a young lady nowadays !!. Here's a pic of my son a couple weeks back at the Bristol Nascar races I took him to.. I too am very proud of the young man he has become.. Caught him offguard with this pic.

TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline NYStickhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
You Should be really proud of Her1 My daughter who got me back to shooting Traditional. it is so hard today to raise kids between the media and lax parenting of our kids friends.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
Hey guys, thanks again for all the positive comments.  Though you may be giving Lindsey a "big head".  She's a good kid and sure seems to have a creative knack for pictures.

Here are a couple more from earlier this summer.

Another one of those "self taken" types.  I tried it once and it's harder than you'd think.

Here's one I really liked.  Cool light.

This one looks really neat when you see it on full screen.  She photoshopped it a bit for a blurred effect on the background I think.

And again with an odd angle and lighting that I'd not have thought of...

And a last one for now.  More photoshop editing for a cool effect.

Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
By the way, since many of you commented on the quality of the pictures, the camera is a little Cannon digital that I got at a yard sale for $5 so I could carry a cheap camera while hunting.  Not sure of the model but it's only about 3 or 4 megapixels.

Talk about making due with what you've got eh?
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©