3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: man woman wild (trad bow hunt)  (Read 631 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
man woman wild (trad bow hunt)
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahaaaa......i havent laughed that hard in a long time.they had sticks bent over with para-cord for a string and tied another stick to the center and called it a compound.sharpened sticks to a point and chased turkeys around in the arizona desert tryin to beat em to death with the bows.i am tellin ya that was a funny show...you gotta see it...you'll laugh until your head hurts.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: man woman wild (trad bow hunt)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »
Yep, was funny for sure.  When he said compound I couldn't help but wonder what the letoff was!

Good stuff.
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »
He'd been better off chasing those frogs with that thing. Equipment aside I couldn't stop laughing at the fact they thought they'd be able to get 15 yards from those turkeys out in the open and talking to each other.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
That was funny!!!

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
Funniest "survival" show I've seen in a long time!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
I watched 5 mins of the very first episode and said Never Again. They're ridiculous.

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
"Compound"......as in PROBLEM.

Trying to hunt, with a woman along, expecting her to be quiet (let alone on a stalk).

Think if his bow had no wheels he was giving a clue through whatever censors are on the show  ;)
Twist it up, don't pluck, marinate then grill.

Offline Hookeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
Will add- never saw the show, could be way off as for relevance in prev post. Not gonna watch it.

I HATE reality TV and related.
Twist it up, don't pluck, marinate then grill.

Offline Groundpounder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
i liked it it was survival it was the best he could make with the available supplies if it was a fake show they couldve staged that he killed one.

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hookeye:
Trying to hunt, with a woman along, expecting her to be quiet (let alone on a stalk).
Oh, man. I want to be far away when one of our female TradGang members sees this   :scared:  

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
:saywhat:  

Hookeye,
You won't hear a thing.
Then you will wonder what the heck hit you.

Killdeer   :knothead:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
When was this one on? I thought ive seen most of them so i was just wondering if i didnt catch it. I also like that Dual Survival show that comes on right ofter man woman wild. There was one were Dave (one of the two guys) was lucky enough to have a bow (a nice long bow by the way but im not sure what kind it was a 3 piece take down) and knapped a head out of a bottle cap and made feathers out of duct tape and killed a turkey with it.
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Dave had a Hornes Flint Quest three piece take down longbow on that episode.  Actually, I just saw Dave today.

As far as the man woman wild show, sometimes I can watch it and sometimes I can't.  Sometimes when things like that happen on a show it ruins it for me forever and I can't watch it after that.  Calling a stickbow a compound would have definatly ruined it for me.

Offline JDeanP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
I actually saw Dave on his YouTube videos a looong time ago. When I watched Dual Survival I knew he was familiar but couldn't place it. When I finally figured it out I got a bit of a laugh (at the irony).
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Offline NC BowBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
He used 2 different pieces of green wood, overlapped them at the riser for more strength, and then tied them together with parachute cord. He said he hoped he got 3 or 4 shots out of it

I took his comment as a jest, kinda downplaying his self made bow. Either that, or he meant it literally as a compound, as the definition of a compound is "a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts."
Christian Bow Hunters of America

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
he called it some type of compound and it had nothing to do with her....it reminded me of two little kids making bows and arrows and shootin suction cup points.this show is not supposed to be a comedy show is it?    "[dntthnk]"      "[dntthnk]"
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by Grey Taylor:

Originally posted by Hookeye:
Oh, man. I want to be far away when one of our female TradGang members sees this    :scared:  

Guy [/b]
Yea...im gonna keep that post away from my girlfriend..... She pretty hardcore with a bow ...as well as a bench rest long gun out to the 800yard line....   :archer2:  ....He wouldnt even hear the shot....
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
The show is really supposed to show concepts... that was one of the not so good ones.... In Special Operations your taught to think outside the box and work whatever angle keeps you alive..... The girl is really brought in to open the veiwing market.....

I know this is a bad example...and I will catch crap, but GETTIN CLOSE WITH LEE AND TIFFANY..... it shows a pretty girly girl hunts and gets out there. Im sure many females who never thought of hunting or the outdoors might give it another shot. After all that is what the sport is all about, opening non hunters eyes to the joys we all love.

And BTW that show def caught ppls attention... arn't we all talking about it on here... arnt we.....
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
Those who haven't seen it, you can see it on youtube as well as the Dual Survival show which I think is quite good actually.

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Killdeer, too funny!!
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©