3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What bow do you think will be the next big thing?  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Mojo Rising

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: What bow do you think will be the next big thing?
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
ILF + huntable = next big thing
TGMM Family of The Bow
Morrison ILF

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
I've recently heard some very good things about South Cox, but I've never shot one of his bows.  I think it's too soon to say that Big Jim has already had his day in the sun.  I think Big Jim's bows are still on the rise.  I haven't shot one of his yet either but I hope to soon!    :archer2:   todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Online Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
I think Apex Predator bows will become popular and start to have a following.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline hawk4570

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
Saluki Grandeurs are a very hard longbow to beat. Would like to try a eaglewing.
bill browning

Offline Andy Cooper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Suffice it to say, if I had the $$, I'd have several from each bowyer!
:campfire:       TGMM Family of the Bow       :archer:      

My Father's bow rack is the sky.

Offline yolo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
I had to respond which is not my style. I try not to say much but have learned a lot from this site, so I offer this.  I first heard of and now the new owner of an Eaglewing TD. I own a Black Widow, a Morrison, and have had others, all famous so to speak. I have been shooting my own selfbows for 20 years but age caused me to drop poundage. I asked Steve to pick the woods for me, I know you never know what you might get right? My request was antler tips and grip with finger notches and I sent Steve the snake skins provided by Charlie Sinclair, eastern diamondback. What I got is the lightest, almost fairy like, I know how gay that sounds, bow that is beyond beautififul and shoots better than I knew one could. Perhaps God smiled or I got lucky, either way this one does to the grave with me. 52@27", 55@28". I would post pics but don't know how, the monitors yell at people about size and selling etc. so I stay out of it. Steve Tallent has proven agood friend, a great christian, and someone I trust. I doubt he will ever be "big shop" famous though. He takes to much time with each customer. Keep it in mind guys, he is a champ, and the bow, it really is as good as it gets. But everyone has a personal favorite so no bad to anybody, but this is art.
Imagination is stronger than knowledge.Myth more powerful than history.

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
ACS ILF longbow limbs.

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
I'm not sure why the Quinn bows never reached the "chatter" level that many of the other metal riser take-downs did. Maybe it's just that their aesthetic appeal was more along the commando/stealth line than the exotic wood line.

I think any of the new bows that combine attractive design with high performance will do well. Of course there seems to be a growing number of new bows that recall the old time designs. I would go for those every time.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
I don't think I have any pics of Ricks bow after I finished it. I do have unfinished pics for sure. I'll see ifI can get some posted. I know he sent me a pic of the first four shots he took with it and three arrows were touching and one about 2 inches below those. He had a cigarette lighter set up there and the lighter would cover the entire group. That man can shoot a bow and definately knows what will shoot and what will not.

Rick, Yolo is right, I wlll never be the blow up bowyer simply because I cannot build and will not build bows that fast. However if you want the best a person can build. I do that. I build the best bow I can build and am learning every day . God Bless you all, Steve

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2010, 03:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by OkKeith:
I'm not sure why the Quinn bows never reached the "chatter" level that many of the other metal riser take-downs did.
Actually, they did.  The were all the rage about 4 or 5 years ago, up until the metal ILF stuff started getting popular.

Offline ewarshaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
I think it would be interesting to bring this one back to life and see if people's opinions have changed in 2 years.
In my opinion, what should be the next big thing is one that few people really know about. It is Don Dow's Stik Bow. Incredibly smooth, easy on the eyes, and the nicest guy you'll ever talk to.
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
-Genesis 27:3

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Could it be that we are fickle and can't pass up a new bow every once in a while. Then, to justify it, we have to convince ourselves it's the latest and greatest.

Personally, I hope I never loose the love (or lust?) for a new one. Every one I own is different and I really hate to part with any of them.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
For a great hunting bow that is attractive but not gaudy, I don't think you can beat a Kanati. Jason is great to deal with and his service is second to none. His is a one man operation, so quality control is simple. You can spend a lot more, but I doubt you will have a bow that will do something a Kanati will not.

As far as recurves go, RER bows are both beautiful and great shooters. On top of that, they won't break the bank either.

Lots of good ones out there guys. These are the good old days when it comes to selecting traditional bows. I doubt there has ever been a time when so many excellent bowyers were in business as the present.

Thank you God!

:pray:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline oldgrouch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
Some one asked about Hitman Customs, I haven't tried the carbon.
My take down with bamboo cores maple and clear glass is super smooth and quiet.
The older I get, the better I was.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
With so many great bow makers at our dispoasal it's hard to say who'll be the next major player,I just picked up a Lone Wolf Banshee by John Maus,great short bow that shorts excellent.I believe if I had the money I would have one from every bower.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
2013,,, Tallon Longbows out of Echo Bay Ontario. Awesome bows, potentially the next big thing.
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »
Hmmm, let's see.  What bow has over 11,000 posts on 752 pages and still going strong?   :saywhat:      :archer:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
The Stalker line keeps getting better and better.  :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Mitchell:
Hmmm, let's see.  What bow has over 11,000 posts on 752 pages and still going strong?    :saywhat:        :archer:  
Everything old is new again. I love my two Hill style bows!
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
It is always amazing to me how regional bow markets are.  Due to the internet I am familiar with most of the bows listed in this thread, but there are at least a half dozen or more that I have never seen.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©