3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Illinois-short bowhunter needs info!  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Grizzly

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Illinois-short bowhunter needs info!
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
It won't be long before Pike Co looks like some of those NY trout streams on opening day. lol  You'll need a pretty good inside tip to find ground that hasnt been disturbed.  Still a great place to hunt though.

Offline Jimi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »
TFS
Sent you an email

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
The world is GROSSLY over populated!  The human gene pool needs a good dose of chlorine!

I remember when the U.S. population hit 140,000,000.  I remember my dad saying that was the beginning of the end.  I also remember when I could hunt on any of my neighbors' ranches with just a phone call.  Heck, some of them kept other hunters out when I wanted to hunt, although there weren't many other hunters.  Now, everything in the valley where we ranched is leased up tight!  

Every time I see some blond bimbo in the grocery store with four squalling brats hanging off her skirts, I just want to go over and slap some sense into her empty head!

An old cartoon character, Pogo, who was a 'Possum in the glades, said it well: "We have met the enemy and he is us!"

Bet someone will get ticked off over my sentiments!

Too Short and Too Tired of Being Overrun by Human Oxygen Theives!
Too Short  or Too F. Short

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
And yet so few are willing to take the steps to personally rectify the over-population problem.  ;)

Sounds like Illinois has their eye on income rather than creating a great hunting experience, or the State residents are resenting all the out-of-staters leasing up all their local hunting grounds, or both.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
Hey, I had my Vasectomy right after my second kid was born.  The Doc referred to me as "Super Man" to all my buddies who followed my example, but that is ANOTHER STORY!

I've gotten some great info so far, but am still looking for ideas.

Too Short

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
I bet it's a SHORT story!!  LOL!!!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
Seriously, check out the St. Jude's auction.  
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=106;t=000251
Sounds like a 100 acres all to yourself.  May be a good deal for you if it's what you're looking for.

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »
Glad Illinois is getting all the big buck press lately.  Helps to keep are woods more quiet.  I prefer the sound of sandhills and mallards to a freeway, strike that - TOLLWAY.

Offline Grizzly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »
Back in the 60's in Sussex Co, NJ, I had a whole valley I could roam and hunt by myself.  Never saw anyone during bow season or small game season, except Alex, the old Russian hermit who lived there.  I'd share a cup of mud (coffee) with him, and he'd share the latest deer travel routes with me.  Now it's a darn ski resort. I think that community had half a dozen business when I lived there. Now do a google search of the area and it looks like a NYC suburb.

Hope you find your little slice of wilderness.

Offline Flesner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Sounds like Illinois has their eye on income rather than creating a great hunting experience, or the State residents are resenting all the out-of-staters leasing up all their local hunting grounds, or both.

Talon, you are correct about the current admin in this state being more concerned about income and no reguard for the wildlife or quality of the hunting experience.
The residents are resentfull of the out of control leasing in our state and the irresponsible practices we see the local outfitters using, but we do not resent nonresidents. In fact, both state bowhunting organizations were opposed to raising the non res tag prices.  
I would love to host Paul for a week of hunting. Unfortunatly, I no longer have access to enough huntable property to give him the quality of hunt I believe he is looking for.
Paul, your still welcome at my campfire for some lies and laughs if you end up in the Adams/ Pike County area.
Also, if you end up using an outfitter, I cannot recomend one over another, but there are some I would like to see you steer clear of. If you would like that info, let me know and I will e-mail my phone number.
Good Luck and welcome to Illinois.

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
Don't forget that if you are concerned with CWD that the north central part has a good dose of it.  

WI has an abundance and the DNR KNOWS how it got there, but that would have to be another thread elsewhere.

Offline 8th Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »
Thanks for all the help, everyone!  I got the name of an outfitter from Barry Wensel, the better looking twin, and decided to book with him, rather than trying to dope this out on my own the first year hunting there.

Too Short

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©