3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: owl bows  (Read 505 times)

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
owl bows
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
hey guys.i would like to see pics of your owl bows by ed scott.i also would like to know how you liked them and how they perform.i was thinking of getting one someday and wanted to see yours and get some feedback.thanks in advance,steve

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: owl bows
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Check out a recent issue of "Traditional Bowhunter" magazine. There's a bow test on one of his bows in one of the recent issues. Very much in depth information with test parameters and results.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
thanks buddy.i saw the mag.i want to see some of the ones the tradgangers own.i also want to get there feedback.i want to hear about game they have harvested with those bows.also mr. scott has a few different models.i am just curious to the experiences of other tradgangers,i trust their judgement.thanks again,steve

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
I just sold this one to a fellow Tradganger.  Sure was a great shooting bow.

Offline ArrowCrester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 11:53:00 PM »
Nice snake skin on Back..
   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Yours In BowHunting,

Bob

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
sweet bow.i like mr.scotts artwork.it seems they are all one of a kind.thanks for the pics,steve

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »
I just got my 2nd Owl on friday. I like them so much, I'm thinking of clearing out a couple lam bows on the classifieds and getting another Owl.

I'm going to hunt with my new one right off the bat this fall. I went to Traditional Outdoor Supply and bareshafted some cedars and and am set using either 160gr or 170gr Ace heads.

I can't say enough about Ed's bows. They shoot very well and are the most quiet bows I personally have shot or been around.

And that's not to mention the art work, which really puts Owls in a different league from pretty much anything else out there.

We're going to download a ton of pics later in the week. I'll try to remember to post some.

Simply put, order one, you won't regret it.

I have the "hunting bow" and they do load up in the final inches. I wouldn't say "stack" because the feel is more of a "loading", if that makes any sense.
My new one is 43@29" and 50@32".

Both of mine are works of art that you can hunt with.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Check out Ed's site and the video's.

http://edscott.us/

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
thanks mojostick.i didn't think mr. scott had a site.i am going to get one when i get back on my feet.the other day my woman gave me back the bow jar.this is a mason jar with a green bow on it.this is the jar all my extra money goes in to save for a new bow.i haven't got to use the jar in a long time.i just got back to work after a long layoff.i love her for giving me back my jar.keep the bow pics coming fellas.thanks,steve

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Ed should be at Comptons next year, with a rack of bows.

Offline Capt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
We have three Owls in our home.  The daughter has two and I have one.  We love them.  My daughter still has not stopped smiling since we bought her bow at Compton from Ed.  I also can't say enough about Ed and Carolyn just great people.

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
For those that are interested there are a couple of videos of Ed Scott on youtube..

Go to  www.youtube.com  and search to find  ;)
He seems like a real down to earth fellow!
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
He is top notch, in my book.  I don't have any of his bows but have shot a few of them.  At Cloverdale, the first time I met him, he asked if I would like to shoot the bow I was admiring.  I confessed that I was not in the position to purchase a bow at that time but thought they were extremely nice.  He said that didn't matter and strung up the bow and sent me to the range to try it out, anyway.  
He knows how to turn a piece of wood into an excellent weapon.  
The next year I took my homemade osage self bow in to the tent from the shoot and he took the time to evaluate it for me.  His wife is as sweet as person you will ever meet, as well.

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
hey christofer.i should be getting my first selfbow in the mail tomarrow.i might bring it to the shoot on the 18th.if i bring it you can shoot it all you want.it is not an owl,but it is going to be a nice one.hope to see you and your son at the shoot,steve

Offline oberon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
What is the average cost of his bows?  I have been wanting one for some time myself.
 Let's see some more photos of Ed's work please.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
I had the Honor and Pleasure of Speaking and Shaking Mr. Scotts Hand at  Cloverdale  this Year!! Quite The Gentleman, and He Knows His Stuff!!  :thumbsup:  
   He had a Gorgeous Horn Bow there, that was  WAAAAAAAY  :eek:    Out of My Price Range, but after talking with him about it, it would be Money well spent!!  IF  I had it that is!!  :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
i know what you mean shakes.i don't have the money either.i am going to save for one though.the last one i looked at was about $850.i will have one soon.they are all one of a kind.i think it will be money well spent.i hope you get one too,steve

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
hey oberon,the last one i saw was $850.you can find them in the classifieds sometimes cheaper.i don't see them to often though.most people hold on to them.good luck this season,steve

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
I have lam bows that I could part with because I can always get another if there's sellers remorse. But I won't be selling either Owl I have and I want another. There is no duplicating an Ed Scott masterpiece.

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
i wouldn't part with it either mojo.i notice not to many people get rid of those.i can't wait to get one myself.they are beutiful.i am due to get my first selfbow in the mail tomarrow.50#@26 osage deer rawhide backed.i can't wait.i made some bamboo arrows with that bows name on it.i shoot a widow plv 64" 53@26,but i am ready to get primitive.good luck this season,steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©