3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: owl bows  (Read 504 times)

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: owl bows
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
My favorite bow for the past couple years has been an Owl that he made for me.  It's a sinew backed white oak.  Beautiful work and really spits an arrow.  I've shot it litterally several thousand times with no sign of set or harm at all yet.  He's quite a craftsman.  His bows are very reasonably priced for the number of hours that he spends with each one.  You'll not be disappointed with his work.  And if you are, feel free to send it my way.   ;)  

I'm considering trying to take one of his week long classes.  I've been making bows for a couple years now, but they are little more than functional and nothing nearly so nice as his work.  It would be neat to work with him a bit.
Silence is golden.

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
lets see those pics fellas.i would like to see the different syles the tradgangers have.

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
I would be glad to post some pictures, but I am pretty much computer illiterate and can't figure out how.  No kidding.  I only use a computer to check this, primative archer, a couple of fly fishing forums, and occassionally order hunting or fishing stuff.  I don't do much with it and don't really know how to use it.  Otherwise, I'd be glad to put some pictures up.  May have to get a buddy or someone to show me how.  I don't have any good ones of the bow, but I may can get someone to take some this fall.
Silence is golden.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
Seabass, I've got to get to work by 11:00 am that Saturday so I plan on getting to the shoot, if I can make it, very early so I have time to get ready for work.  Maybe 7 am.  Send a pm if you want to get together.  I would love to shoot your bow.  It is a "Pappy's" bow?

Offline oberon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
Please let's see some more photos of Ed's art.   I really see one of his bows for me in the future ... one of his horn bows .

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
christofer it is not a pappy bow.it is one made by a tradganger.i got it in the mail today and it is everything i wanted it to be.osage rawhide backed [email protected] bow.i will send you a pm about the shoot.your friend,steve

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
My wife plans on downloading a ton of pics this weekend. I'll take some pics of the bows. Although I don't know how to post them here. I assume there's a "how to" link for posting pics here?

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
mojo there is a how to.i sill can't do it.i'm a cave man.if you have a teenager they can do it for sure.good luck,steve

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Just ordered an Owl bow from Mr. Ed Scott  :D  
It`s a sinew backed juniper longbow with Coachwhip snake skins.
The specs are 68" 55@31   :campfire:    :coffee:

Margly
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
I just tried to post a pic or two of mine but I can't figure it out.  You won't be disapointed.  His bows are super top of the line.  I am borderline jealous (in a good way) of your future bow just from reading the description.
Silence is golden.

Offline Mike Yancey

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

This is a sinew backed horn bow that Ed made for me. I can't say enough about the man or the bows, both are top notch.
Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©