3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stumping w/ Tyler 2045  (Read 176 times)

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
stumping w/ Tyler 2045
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
We went to one of my local wma's for a bit of stumping taking turns calling shots.  Tyler picked a opening in the bottom of a tree about 55 yards away.  I looked at the shot and there were several limbs, full grown trees and saplings in the way.  I knew there was no way possible to make that shot and laughed as I told him so.  

Tyler drew back and let the arrow fly.  It went over, under and through that tangled mess and center punched the hole in that tree!

What the heck if he could do it so could I.  My arrow must have bounced off 12 limbs and 7 trees and never came within 20 yards of the target.

What a shot.    :notworthy:   Any other shots to be remembered out there?
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Online Dry Creek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: stumping w/ Tyler 2045
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:02:00 AM »
:laughing:     :laughing:
58" Bear Super Grizzly  45@28
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw 45@30

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
Pac, it's youthful shooters that pick targets 55 yds away...lol Folks in my age group usually pick closer targets but not because we're wiser, it's just a shorter walk to pick up our errant shafts..lol

I get all excited when I can find my arrow whether I've hit the intended target or not.

Now if you can get Tyler hitting fish like that you two will fill the boat...lol

Thanks for sharing PAC!

God bless,Mudd

PS: This thread reminds me that Tradgang is responsible for many friendships that most likely wouldn't have ever had a chance of forming other wise.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Mudd now I know what I'll say the next time he misses a 5 yard shot at a fish.  He'll probably counter with a reel big enough to hold a hundered yards of line and drill a gar at beyond visual range.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©