3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Breakin a Sweat 2008-INFO Pg. 6  (Read 1951 times)

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Breakin a Sweat 2008-INFO Pg. 6
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
No worry Vance, just call it a small deposit on your tecate bill.  :D  

Brent

Offline Horne's Archery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
JC,

I’ll miss your stories and shooting the ball and the bull around camp.

Looks like a great gathering and I know the hunting is great.  I had a chance to scout the ranch with Curtis.  There are lots of hogs and javalenas.  Curtis and I both took hogs and didn’t even touch 1/10th of the ranch.

I’ll see everyone there.

Mark

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
Thanks again for all the input and responses guys. I love all the excitment and look forward to having everyone there. I'm going to have to reiderate something here so everyone sees it again. Here it is in bold. I've been absolutely innundated with emails wanting to send deposits.

I am currently only announcing the dates of this hunt so everyone can mark them down. I will not be accepting deposits till I know the cost of this hunt. I will not know this until everything is in order. It will take me several months to sew everything up. Please be patient with me between now and then. I think we'll have room for everyone this year. Watch this forum for future developments.

Thanks again guys. Please feel free to ask questions here so I can answer them where everyone will benefit from the answers. Please no more emails about deposits at this time. Thanks for your understanding. I do appreciate your excitment!!!!! See you very soon! CK

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
PS. I go back and look through these threads when it comes time to book the hunt. If you truly think you can attend and will attend if given the invite, please simply post on this thread. I'll go back through this thread when it comes time to send in deposits. Deposits should start around September or October. Thanks! CK

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
I will be looking forward to attending as a first timer.  Been wanting to a javelina hunt and sound like it is a great time to meet some fine folks.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
I'll start the tune up in the mornin Doc. Who's gonna Drive?

Offline Bill M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
origanly posted by long bow

I'm new here....Is this something anyone can go on or must we be invited?

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »
Just put yer name in.. I think that past Sweat Vets get the first seats..Then he fills the bus with ya younguns.
 Keep in mind this is a VERY ARDIOUS hunt and requires alot of pre-hunt training. This hunt also has its share of casualties. Lots of head injuries and skin lacerations not to mention the levitation that will occur during your time there.

And believe me you will be tested. So STUDY STUDY STUDY. Some of the vets will be happy to share some homework assignments with ya.  :bigsmyl:

Offline Bill M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
sounds like a challange and a learning experience for us younguns. send some homework assignments and i'll start buying the bandaids
and ice packs.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
I let the Vets fill the first spots and then go through and see how many other entries we have. Hopefully I can give most everyone a spot on the roster this year. Thanks for your interest! CK

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Curtis, if there is any room left still after the Vets take there rightful spots and you still have room....please count me in.  Mark

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
Bill.... there is a Certain order in which things are done at the Sweat Your assignment should come in that order, taught by the proper instructor.

#1....Learning to live with nothing but what ya get off the plane wearing. This course requires that you become a first class MOOCH. From socks to Bows.....Instructor is Big Ron (ha) Hunt A Lot

#2... This is very important because it's the second in activities you'll be involved in, often times done even prior to arrival at Hunting Ranch.
You need to practice slicing any external appendage with a Broadhead. Along with this goes learning to suture yourself or allowing some one else to do it for you. Your only allowed to use NATURAL MEDICINE as pain killer. Instructors are lead by BeachBowHunter, I also am qualified to teach this class as well.

#3.....This requires the most finesse AND can make or break your Hunting experience. You need to learn to irritate the Host and his Dog JUST to the point of them being able to gargle with Peanut Butter, It is of the utmost importance you learn the JUST ABOUT part. Several of us can teach this, however we have not managed to get it down as well as Border Bob Walker has for him it is a science second to none.

Get started now so yer ready   :goldtooth:

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
If I get the transfer to Laredo you can count me in Curtis and even if I don't please keep me advised as I just may swing it anyway. I can always fly into Dallas and drive down with my bro.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »
Very cool! This looks like one heck of a campout shaping up with a lot of fella's I'd love to share the fire with. CK

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Hey Bud, Did you get my e mail today??
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Me? Nope! Better go check spam. Sometime guys tell me they've sent mail and I didn't respond. My spam catcher sometime sends strange email there.

Offline Bill M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
Vance

#3 ive always been the funny fat kid so no problem there.

#2 you cut me with broad heads and play ER just for the practice i work in a machine shop and i'm use to it.

#1 i dont mind mooching my clothes and gear back heck i'll hunt in my boxes if i have to.But you better bre pety big if you think you can pry my bow out of my hand     LOL  :archer:

Offline Scott G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Put me back on the list for this year Curtis.  I can camp.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Ya all better not be messing with Sassy. Remember its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.  

Mess with the dog and  

Brent

With Curtis your on your own, probably same fate.

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
I want in on this if there is room for a newbie to this event so count me in as a definite. I will need to do the full accommodations package as I will be flying in. If some of the Georgia boys want to plan a carpool and camping trip I can do that too.

Thanks!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©