3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Breakin a Sweat 2008-INFO Pg. 6  (Read 1948 times)

Offline slow walker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Breakin a Sweat 2008-INFO Pg. 6
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
Curtis,  Don't count me out buddy....I'm checkin'

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »
OH MY    :eek:    this may just be the largest gathering of Traditional BS (Bow Shooters) assembled in one place EVER    :scared:        :scared:        :help:        :help:

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
our spouses may never let us all play together AGAIN  
Especially if they know you are gonna be there.  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Alrighty Gang, I guess I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be. Bring on the overwhelming number of emails now. WAIT!!!!!!!Please read this in full before you start bombarding me.

Date: Feb 18-23, 2008

Place: Odessa, Texas

Price: $625

Airport: Odessa(no pick-up available)

Vehicles? You are required one.

Hunting license: #157 $45

Camping only: water, electricity, and skid-o-cans
              provided. No showers available

Guided: No-your success is up to you.

Game: 2 javelina, unlimited hogs, varmits, lots of rabbits, bobcats($100 kill fee).

Game skinning: not included in fee

Food: Bring your own

BBQ-Pit: Small but available

Corn: available at ranch

Ice: bring your own

Meat processing: you will need to deliver to processor yourself or handle your own meat at ranch. Cooler available. Meat house-Odessa

Ranch map: yes

GPS: Required for each hunter(saving grace)

2-Way Radios: Required of each hunter

OK, now that those details are ironed out I'll explain details. This is a do=it-yourself hunt just as it is every year. Sweat Vets always help the new guys. Your success is totally up to you. This ranch is absolutely enormous and you will need to be self suffecient if lost, stuck in the sand, etc. Please know that you are able to survive on your own if a situation were to occur. The ranch is 97 sections(65,000 acres) and you will need to find your own game and hunting locations. I suspect you will hunt in three or four man groups like every year. There is an abundance of game on this ranch but it is somewhat featureless in nature. One end of the ranch looks like the other end except the ends are 25 miles appart. I also have a few smaller ranches that we may also use to keep travel to a minimum. No worries, I'll get everyone started in the right direction.

Please remember, this is the only hunt of the entire year that I don't allow kids(under 18), wives, or girlfriends. Sorry but that's the way Charlie and I originally designed this hunt and due to the occasional graphic nature of the night-time camp scene, it's a good thing!   :D  

Also, as the years have passed this hunt has changed slightly from what Charlie and I intended. This is a gathering simply for the comaradrie and a way to meet your fellow Tradgang member. If you are geared for the hunt or the kill only please book one of the other hunts. This one is about the gathering,about the campfire, and about the long awaited quenching of our thirsty souls after a year at rest..... If you shoot some game that will simply be icing on the cake. You will likely shoot something but I don't want anyone upset if you don't. I simply cannot help guide when I'm balancing a mountain of daily duties.

Plans at this time are to have a vending cook available and cooking hamburgers, tacos, etc. I'm still looking for that cook so until then you'll be required to feed yourself. My suggestion would be a full camp buffett where everyone throws out their meats and wine and everyone share. Just an idea that I've seen work.

OK, I'm typed out but I'll keep adding as we go. Once your deposit has arrived you'll be allowed into the TXS08 Forum where you can discuss sharing rental cars, hotels, etc.... Every year there are lifetime bonds formed and friendships that last forever. Many of these bonds are formed through the preparation and the travel to and from this event. Charlie and I look forward to meeting all our new friends and sharing camp once again with all our old ones. See you guys in Texas! We'll surely share some Texas Sweat! CK

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Ya just forgot one thing Curtis,

You will meet some of the souls of the earth.JMO Doing it the traditional way.

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
Count me in for the barn camping.

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
CK,

I want to sign up but my wife is scared because every out of state hunt on go on she gets hurt before or during!  I'm still working on it!
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2007, 01:41:00 AM »
:D  :D  :D

Look out Tejas!

Really looking forward to this year's Sweat, it's gonna sound dumb, but after only spending a week in camp with the guys from G2 last year I've made some amazing friends over there & miss 'em all! 's gonna be great catching up again!   :bigsmyl:
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
Thanks Rob! There are a lot of guys who share your feelings. It;s been quite a adventure to say the least. This will be the year we all share one camp at one set of dates.  :scared:  

Someone please call the Border Patrol. I hear Bob Walker is coming back to Texas.  :goldtooth:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
Tie up the SKUNKS and Dillas  :scared:    :scared:    :scared:

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
He he he! I can only claim for an assist on those!  :D

Must try harder this year!

It looks like I may have to put on my cooking hat this year too, hope you like Rabbit risotto!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Count me in I can't wait  to be with other trad hunters

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
It's got to cost more than $45 to be real.
homebru
PS I only looked at Pg 6 'cause the title said Info pg 6

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
The $45 is for the license Nathan.  I think that covers 5 days of hunting.  And trust me, the SWEAT is about as real as it gets!      :readit:    :thumbsup:  It's about as much fun as a guy can legally have!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
TTT  

Curt } >>---->
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Curtis for those that will be flying are there any facilities for tossing a sleeping bag since bringing an entire camp set up on a plane just ain't to feasable?
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »
There are a couple of covered barns. One of the barns has electricity and water is right outside. I'm sure it will make a fine bunk house.  :D  

The second annual Texas Sweat had guys sleeping in my hay barn(bow shop). Heck, there isn't much sleeping going on at the Sweat.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
TTT. I'm headed to the ranch in the morning. I'll better know how all this will lay out when I return. CK

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Didn't see in ther ewhatcha need for a deposit, CK.  

Half do the trick?
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
Yea Jeff, Deposit is 1/2 down. You're a Vet though and I'm counting Vets for the next two weeks before I start taking your deposits. Hang in there! CK

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©