3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: fred bear montana mod?  (Read 168 times)

Offline Dogbyte

• Trad Bowhunter
fred bear montana mod?
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
for the life of me, i thought i remembered a "how to" on filing down the nocks and handle on these montana bows from fred bear... ive searched the forums using the builtin search, gonna try google next, but do i have the right site? i could have seen it elsewhere i guess, but i specifically remembered it being here where i saw it... am i delusional? haha?

does anyone remember the thread im talking about?  i have a montana, that could use a little sandpaper on the grip, dont know that much about the reasons for the other mods, but thats why im looking...

-dale
Genesis 21:20 God was with the lad, and he grew; and he lived in the wilderness and became an archer.

Offline Montauks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: fred bear montana mod?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
I tried improving the Montana .
 The grip was nasty and very square. After a date with Mr. Belt grinder it is much better , all I did was round off the edges, and deepen the low point on the grip a bit.  I like the results.
 I heard the tips slowed it down a lot so I decided to see for myself.
 Before I toutched the tips I chronographed the Montana, then went to work shortening the tips and reducing the height of the tip reinforcing as much as possible.
 It made no diference at all. Not even 1 FPS.
 So my thoughts are leave the tips as is, but definately re-do the grip.
Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Dogbyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
ahh thank ya fellers...

i definitely gotta do something about the grip... and looks like i'll be leaving the tips alone, haha.

thanks for the link!
Genesis 21:20 God was with the lad, and he grew; and he lived in the wilderness and became an archer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©