3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gasket Laquer  (Read 180 times)

Offline Cody Cantrell

• Trad Bowhunter
Gasket Laquer
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
I have been using poly on my arrows for years now.  This summer at MOJAM I bought an Eco Dipper and was going to switch to laquer for the speedy drying.  Someone want to clue me in to the differences between regular brushing laquer and gasket laquer? Thanks

Cody Cantrell
Your wife will accustom herself to shavings and scraps of feathers on the rugs.-Saxton Pope

Offline Cody Cantrell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gasket Laquer
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
ttt
Your wife will accustom herself to shavings and scraps of feathers on the rugs.-Saxton Pope

Offline oops sorry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
To my knowledge the gasket lacquer is just used unthinned as the gasket pulls all the bubbles and such out. I have used water based pu with my gasket set up and it worked fine. You can pretty much dip a dozen arrows in sequence continuously until the build up desired is achieved. The thin coat sets just that quick.

Offline Cody Cantrell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I was wondering if I could leave the lid off of some laquer until it thickens up and use it as gasket lacquer, would it dry as fast and be as durable?

Offline oops sorry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
It might work, I don't know. The first time that I tried my gasket set up was with some water based pu that I had already cut (3:1 wpu to water) for dipping. It worked fine, the build up was slower than if it were unthinned. I think I used something silly like ten coats to get where I wanted to be, but it worked. I did it in one continuous process so for a dozen arrow it wasn't too long-winded. I like the gasket set up now that I have it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©