3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel awful, but what can I do?  (Read 625 times)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
I feel awful, but what can I do?
« on: September 11, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
what do you do when you find all your other bows collecting dust? Ever since I found the one, all my other bows just don't get shot anymore. Right now they are hanging on the wall, or tucked under a bed. I just feel awful, but my selfbow has gotten ahold of me and my glass bows just don't have the appeal to me anymore. I can't sell most of them for sentimental reasons like first kill, first bow, gifts, ect. So my question is, how can I not feel so bad about neglecting them? :-)
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel awful, but what can I do?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 09:38:00 AM »
Send them to me for disposal. Hap

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
I understand your feeling. Sometimes I get my late fathers bow out and shoot a couple of times in the back yard and I think I should be hunting with it. Sometimes I do but it's hard to put my main bow down. I really don't gave an answer for you but I understand. Good luck!

Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »
sell them all except one and buy yourself a dream hunt ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Display them, shine them up, and put pics around them.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline marshall brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
I've had the same feelings about some of my bows that just hang on the wall. What I do is try to designate my other bows to specific types of hunts or shooting. Small game, bowfishing, backyard fun shooting are what they're used for now.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
I've only got two recurve bows and they both get used a lot. I'm either shooting at a bag target or bowhunting with them. Most of the time, I'm shooting at a bag target. I don't hunt much in Texas in the summer months because I live near the Gulf coast of Texas, the summer heat is brutal.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
i just got my first selfbow and now feel your pain.the selfbow is a different animal.it shoots alot different than my widow.i feel if i spend all my time shooting my selfbow that i will neglect my widow.i am shooting my longbow so well now that i am afraid if i shoot the selfbow to much,it will effect my form on the longbow.what to do?good luck to you,steve

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
I suggest that you get tough on yourself one way or the other. Either make yourself shoot your others along with your favorite or sell the rest.

There are folks out there that could use some of those not being shot. Got any Hills or Northern Mist Sheldons?...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline jim phenes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
i still make it a point to shoot my recurve once in a while i would never get rid of that for sentimental reasons plus killed my biggest buck ever now im hooked on the long bow, i would suggest to shooting them just once a month or something.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
I have a few bows and don't feel bad myself abot not shooting them for awhile.Your feelings may change later and then you will feel bad about then if you sell any of them.I have traded a quite a few bows that I wish I had back.But enjoy shooting new to me bows,it's a lot of fun for me.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
It is a too familiar pickle!  I'm just recurve-bound but neglect most of them most of the time. I even have more on order.  I spent nearly $150 to have the weight reduced on one of these recurves and it STILL remains hanging. I simply shoot another bow, the least exotic of the lot, better.

I'm giving myself through April, 2011 to decide which ones are going to be hunted with and then, I hope I'll have the will power to move the others (lefties all). (The April deadline not coincidentally is when my 1st Silvertip is due.) In fact, I suspect I may move a variety of the different customs to buy 1-2 extra of a certain brand (produced in Montana).  

I stay completely away from longbows and selfbows because I don't want my problem getting worse. It is easy for me though because I really like the grace of a curve. I have one longbow but it is a prototype and I promised never to dispose of it.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
I shoot a different bow each year.  Sort of a rotation.  Pick one at the start of the year and use it until the end of the season then start over.  Works out kinda well because here in Ohio we don't have any critters to hunt year round.  So from the end of February to the end of September you have plenty of time to practice and get used to the other bow.

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Do a pass around and have the guys here do the shooting for you. You may have someone shoot it once and know they found the one, and ask to buy her from you. Well we know that may not happen but just a thought. I know it can be very difficult having to many bows. I did the same to myself once now I keep 2-3 tops. Do you have any family who may want to start shooting, this way the bow is not collecting dust but not so far that you can't go shoot it. Good luck
USMC 82-86

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
Dave,
I feel for you buddy. Tell you what. I'll come up & give them all a good home. I know, it's a tough job but, a real friend will help out in times of need. I've tried to help Mudd thin his herd down but, he keeps getting more!
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
I take all mine off the rack and polish then, brace them and give a few tugs and put them on the wall once a month. They love me for that.
   :biglaugh:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by seabass:
i just got my first selfbow and now feel your pain.the selfbow is a different animal.it shoots alot different than my widow.i feel if i spend all my time shooting my selfbow that i will neglect my widow.i am shooting my longbow so well now that i am afraid if i shoot the selfbow to much,it will effect my form on the longbow.what to do?good luck to you,steve
That is what I feel like. The last time I shot my MOAB it was shooting well but everything to the left. I just didn't have that same feel shooting it and had to go back
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Jerry, is that what you do when you aren't shooting on Sundays?

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
If that's the worst of your problems, consider yourself a lucky man.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »
Dave Where have you been the last 2 Sundays
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©