3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbonated Clothing  (Read 187 times)

Offline Konrad

• Trad Bowhunter
Carbonated Clothing
« on: September 11, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I read with great interest the well written article “Carbonated Clothing Caught in the Crosshairs” in North American Hunter’s September 2010 issue. NAHC, please keep up the good work.

Living far from Minnesota, I had no idea a law suit had been filed disputing advertising claims made by two clothing manufacturers, one of which advertised the ability to “eliminate” human odor.

Eliminate:
1.   Get rid of something: to put an end to something, usually something undesirable
  They are pledged to eliminate poverty by the end of the century.

It brings to mind two questions:

A: Who really thinks spending a thousand dollars (after underwear, socks, pants, bib over-alls, vest, jacket, hat, face mask, gloves, deodorant, toothpaste, gum and oh yes…spray) on a suit of cloths will let them sneak up to a deer any more than spending a thousand dollars on a suit of cloths will let them sneak up on next year’s super model?

And…

B: What advertising company expects hard-bitten hunters in America to not put their claims to the test (i.e.” Forget the wind, just hunt”), particularly after dropping a few weeks pay on a set of new duds?

Recently, I have been seeing TV hosts sitting around their hunting lodges, frying bacon and drinking coffee (and I surmise smoking cigarettes) in their nice new hunting cloths and they really do give the impression you can cast your cares to the wind (no pun intended) after a quick sprtiz of mystery liquid.

Oh, and by the way…what does “Eliminates 99% of REPLICATED human odor” mean?
They couldn’t find a stinky human?
I’ll volunteer my son for testing.
He needs a job.
"...and he put away his looking glass. He saw his face in everyone."

Offline trcytylr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbonated Clothing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Konrad:

any more than spending a thousand dollars on a suit of cloths will let them sneak up on next year’s super model?

And…

They couldn’t find a stinky human?
I’ll volunteer my son for testing.
He needs a job. [/QB]
Now that's funny!   :biglaugh:
Jordan Stalker 3pc Takedown 52@28 64"

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
This has been beaten to death. Bottom line..... stay clean, keep your clothes and gear clean and (don't "forget the wind"), pay strict attention to the wind.(nut)
Rich Potter

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
:deadhorse:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Konrad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Ooo, tough guys, huh?
Levity was the goal.
"...and he put away his looking glass. He saw his face in everyone."

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
Levity was acheived!  :bigsmyl:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
I find it funny though, that no one on here has got it right. If the whole case file was read, it was not proven that it did not work. Actually the opposite, Scentblocker was found to work and scent-lok also to some degree. It was the advertising claims that were found to be fraudulent from Scent-Lok, Scentblocker was given the ok. So believe what ya want, just get the facts straight, mine may not be 100% but I am closer than most!(my disclaimer!) LOL!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
Shawn, I believe it works to an extent. But no more than what I stated above. Why would I spend a fortune on clothes when I can accomplish the same thing a whole lot cheaper?(nut)
Rich Potter

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
Shawn is right. Essentially the finding was that the advertising was misleading not that the clothing didn't help eliminate odor. Now they just have to word their ads to reflect that the clothing "helps" control odor but they cannot claim that it eliminates it. However, in my experience the effects of the clothing seems to diminish over time. I don't go out of my way to buy it but if a good deal comes my way I will consider getting it because the clothing is usually very well made, has all the pockets in the right places, etc.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
I use it it works for me. It does deminish over time. Where I live the wind changes constantly so I have to do everything I can to keep from getting smelled. I have very small places to hunt and don't have the luxury of moving around. Most of my deer come in with the wind in there favor.LCH

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
I am not saying it works or not just that people have to get their facts straight before they post stuff about it. This is not really beating a dead horse either as this is new info released in the last couple months. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©