3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Permanone?  (Read 498 times)

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Permanone?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Humdingers located at the old Mark III van conversion facility on 44th ave between 326 and hwy 27 is a surplus store, you never know what they will have..I went in last spring looking for a shop window, didn't find what I was looking for but bought all the $3 permanone they had (10 cans???)..the stuff I bought from Sparr Farm Supply "Permectrin II" is 10% peritherin, 8 fl ounces and costs about $5..trouble is it has a slight diesel smell to it,I have some drying on a rag..if the smell disapates overnight I think it will be ok to use for hunting. I should have read the labels maybe there is a brand of peritherin without the petrolium products added??

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Doc Nock:
When we were at ray hammond's he said he buys by the case... I can see why in SC/GA area! I go through a few cans/year.
yup ray turned me on to it too,, stuff is like a A residual nuclear aftermath to the bugs!
"Us vs Them"

Offline Swamp Preacher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Cabelas has Permethrin spray by Sawyer (perminone is permethrin).  Works good for ticks and red bugs (i.e. chiggers).
When a man walks in the fear of God he knows no fear, even if he 
were to be surrounded by wicked men. This makes him strong 
and able to take on anything, even things which seem difficult or 
impossible to most people. St. Symeon

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
John, the rag I sprayed with the 10% peritherin I got from Sparr supply still has the diesel odor to it 24 hrs after application..so I will only use it around my game cleaning station. Glad I have a couple of cans of the good stuff left over from last year..

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Robert, thanks for the update.
One of the guys I hunt with has an FFL and just orderd 2 cases of "repel" from one his distributors.  If I can't find any this week I'll get a few cans from him.
Good idea about spraying around the game cleaning station..we will have to incorporate it into our routine.!
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
I also spray the bed of my truck and truck interior with permanone..I hate ticks..

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
I believe I read on another site you can purchase Permethrin as an outdoor pest killer called "Total Kill" at Home Depot and dilute as necessary.  I've been meaning to look into this, as my supply of Sawyer brand is low.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©