3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: fine day on the mountain with friends  (Read 1623 times)

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: fine day on the mountain with friends
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Whats up Nathan? Hope things are good! Man I love these threads. Thinking about selling the house and moving north! Hope to see everyone soon.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
Hey Chuck! Where ya been brother? Sup Shawn?
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
CHUCK!!!  Glad to hear from you. You know me, i crawl into my cave and don't come out till the season approaches! Hope to get to hunt with you this year, if not up north then at least down our way. Good to see Chris is around, probably even taller last time we met! Ken, glad to hear it performed well for you, I couldn't have possibly found it a better home. Charlie, no worries about the cooking. I have no desire to take anyones position in camp.  Hopefully we can share the deer dragging chores at some point this year!

Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Hey Brian, good to see you are still flinging arrows,  Hope all is well with you. Where you thinking of moving? SHawn, nice to see your avatar mug as well!! Sorry I missed you at the BH this past year.  Hopefully see you up at Kens at some point.  If I can get my butt up that way, I think I may have some antelope loins that are just dying to hit an adirondack grill!!

Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
Man what a great group of guys :0) How have you guys been ? Miss hunting with yall and shootin the breeze . Look forward to seeing everyone this year , hope to make it up some time .
 Ken : Post some pics of that ther knife if you don't mind . Thanks Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
will do Drew, will try to get some pic's up tommorow night maybe in the knife forum as that knife needs its own thread! now do YOU have pic's of anything shiny and sharp?
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline First White Falcon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
Looks like you-all had a great time.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
Sounds like fun!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:00 AM »
bear season this weekend, we will be in full hunt mode!!!!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
I have a wedding to go to Saturday Down near Saugerties.  I wont make the Bear Hunt. Good luck guys.  I wish I was gonna make it.

Nathan, the knife you made for Ken is very nice. I hope to play with some farriers rasps. Not sure If I'm raedy for forging though.

I dont mind cooking but during hunting season I'd rather be hunting, I have a few things we can put in a pot to warm up though that would hit the spot.  May have to cook some potatoes to go with.

Anyone camping up there make sure to hang your food while away from camp otherwise you run the risk of being accused of baiting  :dunno:  

Drew and Brian Lots of stories about you guys. It would be nice to put faces with the legends.

Chuck and Shawn I have the face with the stories but it would be great to see you all again to make more stories.  This time Chuck perhaps you will get a shot at that ADK Giant.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »
Holy moly guys! Wish I coulda made it, but the wife came back in town Friday. I had to work our first Home game against Hawaii on Saturday..... We Lost...
Unfortunately I’m having to work this weekend as well as we are hosting a game against TX too. Football season really puts a dent in hunting season. Even the hardcore hunting club cadets feel the pain, as all major sporting events are mandatory. It doesn’t leave much time to hit the woods.
A lot of complaints have been flying around for years about WP being either a school for military leaders or athletes, and are we loosing focus, but that’s another campfire story…
Ken, I had no idea you owned a Kanati. I’ve wanted to give one a try for some time. Please save some of them bears for me.
Also, I’m about to purchase my license. What do I need for up state? If I get the Super Sportsman, am I covered? My area doesn’t offer early Bear, is that a separate stamp of sorts for up north?
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
Casey,

Good to here from you. I fuind it hard to believe we will take all the bears, DEC estimates approximately 5,000 bears in the Dacks.

No special permits necessary. If you are planning on applying for a doe tag, that is Gun only I recommend you do it for your area and not up there.  With a bow you will be able to take one Doe and one buck before gun season starts. After October 16 it is Buck only and Black bear!  I'm not sure how it works with Smoke pole.

Even atfer gun starts up there you can hunt with a bow. Last year Chris shot a buck with his bow in the middle of November. I wish I could have seen the old time 4 wheeling gun hunters faces.

I hope you can make time to come back up. After all we need someone to carry all that gear back down the hill  :readit:  

Good luck with the sport season. Hope yo0u can make some time to hunt for yoursef.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Sounds like a good time.  what area of the Adirondacks were you guys in?  I used to do a "trek"/hunt/canoe trip in the West Canada Creek area during the first week of the ML season.  Was always a blast.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
I will be putting the ground blind we made to the test on Saturday.Maybe Yogi or Boo-Boo will pass by looking for acorns and I can send a cedar shaft as a greeting.I can only hunt till noon but it should be a good outing no matter what happens.   :goldtooth:    :archer2:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
Ken : I sure do and will get pics soon . That Kanati is sweet , love the color . Drew
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
Hi guys,
Had a great time stumpin with you this summer. Have to get up to camp to hunt with you boys this season. Will be trying my luck with the bears Saturday as well. Good luck to all of those going out there. Just wanted to mention the 3D shoot on Sept 25th in Vernon Center. This is being put on by a great family that shoots & hunts Trad. Info is in the events and just wanted to let you guys know about it. Should be fun. Hope a few of you can come.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Dan,
    i will try and make the shoot, will see if i can talk the rest of the gang in to going as well.
 Casey,
       got the Kanati a few weeks ago and love it. i had not planned on using it for hunting but it just fits me so good and is great in the stand that it will now be my go to bow for hunting season. very fast and easy to shoot. the evergreen riser just dissapperas as soon as ya set it down somewhere!!!!

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Charlie : I look forward to meeting you as well.
 Ken : I can,t seem to put my hands on my camera at the moment.
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Sean B, we are hunting just north west of the Johnstown/Gloversville area near Rockwood. Right on the edge of the ADK. Park!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
I re read this thread and realize,

we have such a great group of guys in this region + surrounding areas.

Sean its about 1 hour 45 minutes perhaps you can catch a ride with Casey, Pick up Shawn and Brian on your way up, We'll need another lean to. The mountain is Big plenty of room for all.

On a serious note, anyone wishing to come up, throw the tent in the car, if there isn't room in the lean to or if the bugs are bad, there's plenty of room for everyone.

Good luck this weekend guys.

Dan the shoot sounds fun! I may be up for the ride if a few others attend.  The practice will be good before season.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©