3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters?  (Read 16016 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters?
« Reply #220 on: December 04, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
Sorry, J-dog, we started out with good intentions at the house (as you can see) but Rudy says his doesn't take good pictures in the woods/dark (he's looking for a new one under the "camera tree"    ;)   ) and I forgot mine in the car - AGAIN    :D . So what you see is what you get  - this time    :dunno:  We'll try to do better next time - honest.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
iwent and did some scouting today for some new hunting areas in the croatan. hopefully i can get gernie and j-dog to join me.  this is my mug gettin ready to head out to some of the food plots i know about. aneewakee addiction recurve and my back pack with camera and some lunch.i got into one of the food plots lookin for deer sign and saw a whole bunch of this. . batman knew what it was... said it was grown to feed quail i beleive. some of the pics didnt save on my card , but i saw and took pics of numerous deer tracks some of which were quite large.in 1 of the paths between 2 food plots i found an attempted turkey killin i presume by a 4 legged predetor.
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
this is one of the maintainence roads that heads waaay back into some pretty hardwoods. with lots of deer sign when i found this it was still warm.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
im also assuming that this is some bear scat in a deer track. thats what it looked like to me any how after about 3/12 to 4 hrs of scoutin ive come to one of the smallest plots closest to the road out to find that some hunter didnt bury the remains of his kill i'll remember it . if its still there i want the skull. thanks for lookin. ruddy

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: December 04, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Dang i aint been on here in a month and Ruddy is posting pictures of turds.Wish ya well in your new spot i hope it works out for ya.I have hunted a little here lately killed a real nice nine the day after turkey day with my traditional Browning 7mm a-bolt. Going in the morning with my Mathews,my acs blew up a little while back so trad hunting isn't an option right now. I sent the limbs back but no update so far.Been seeing a lot of good bucks for next year if they can make it. 15-16 inch wide 7's 8's and 1 9 that was almost gonna get it but held off.He better be glad i killed the other nine the day before or he would have eat lead. Seen one six point the other day about 18 inches wide but he had short tines and no mass so i hope to see him in a year or two. Good to get back on here and chew the fat with my ol buddies.Hope all yall are well and good luck.Later,Preston
Possum the other white meat

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
Good pictorial, Ruddy. As per our Phonecon early this evening, I'll be glad to join you on a hunt in the National Forest up your way next week. Looking forward to it. We'll talk again in the next couple of days and set it up.

Preston, you behave yourself and take care of the family, buddy, - good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the ACS.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
Bernie its always good to hear from you,hope you all are doing good.I froze my butt off this morning and didn't see anything but squirrels,first time this year deerless.Oh well thats how it goes i put my nephew in one of my stands this evening so maybe he'll whack one.
Possum the other white meat

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »
We are finer than frog fur, thanks. Freezing sounds about right. It's going to be cold down here too, for the next couple weeks. That
s good for deer movement (they say) but i don't move so well then - LOL. I am going to try to get out at least once with Rudy, in his neck of the woods, this week though.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline spoonriver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »

Got my first deer with trad equipment a week ago. Nice Davie Co. doe. What a rush!

Offline Casper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
it good to say folk from North Carolina are having a good season

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
hooooooolllly crap  :scared:  that is a big mature doe. congrats to you spoonriver. i know the rush you are talkin about. what a feat to fool big mama. if i had a hat , i would tip it to you sir. what a trophy!!!!!! ruddy

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
That is a monstrocity of a doe! congrats!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
Yeah, what they said, spoonriver!!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
i talked with bernie and jdog via the phone tonight and it looks like we are setting a small trad gang deer hunt in the croatan for wednesday. im hopin that we at the least see some game. i know for a fact the deer are moving where we will be at. im just hoping somthing will happen for us. at the very least there will be pics. ruddy

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
If I was to put a doe on the wall that would be the one right there spoon. She is big.

Itchin to do some bhunting Wendsday with Ber, and tooth! let the fun begin - It has been many yrs since I bhunted with anyone so this should be a great time.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »
Also looking forward to the hunt and meeting you, James (J-dog). BTW, did you ever run into "doodly"? Perhaps he'll be in that part of the Nat'l Forest -    ;)

Wish i had a pair of those Merlino wool under togs for tomorrow - not supposed to get out of the 30's all day - I'll think I'm back trompping around in Maine, without the knee-deep snow    :eek:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 7 Lakes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
Anyone out there in NC with a line on quail or Woodcock after deer season.  I'm near Pinehurst and have a young pup ready to try on some wild birds.

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Hasn't been so hot just south of you guys either!!
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
the weather people are calling for record low's tomorrow morning. my fellow carolina trad gang members , please heed this warning and dress appropriately hypothermia is no joke! you can get it just as easy in 40 degrees  or 17 degrees. to all those trying to get out and finish the season please be careful. if you get cold pack it in, there will be another day. hypothermia is not worth risking your life over. be careful out there. shoot straight . ruddy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©