3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters?  (Read 16009 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters?
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
Ruddy has that right folks - not a thing to play "macho" about. I want to get a deer with my trad gear but i don't NEED another one bad enough to take foolish chances. As Ruddy said, I will pack it in in a heartbeat, and head for some warm place for a hot drink and tall tales exchange    :D  .
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by 7 Lakes:
Anyone out there in NC with a line on quail or Woodcock after deer season.  I'm near Pinehurst and have a young pup ready to try on some wild birds.
I'm in too if you're lookin for cumpny  ;)  

My Brit loves finding quail. I've had to rely on pen raised birds for anything around here.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: December 08, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
im countin down the minutes till the fun begins.im so lookin foward to the hunt with fello tg members.im truly hoping that today will be promising and productive. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
i just got back from the croatan, bernie is enroute to his home. got to meet j-dog and his 4 legged huntin buddy mac, who by the way found a nice 6 point skull from last yr. bernie saw 4 raccoons but said they were about 40 yrds out with no shot opp. all in all was a good day, sorry about no pics due to the cold we had electronic faliures, nobodys camer worked at the end of the day. j-dog it was cool to meet ya and i cant wait to do it again. ruddy

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »
That was fun Ruddy, I enjoyed the day - I want to get back in the corner of that field or get Bernie in there. It is a sunny spot I think he could enjoy!!!
I am going to carry my stand back down that spur road next time I saw some pretty areas in there as well.
Got to plan a Pville trip next week some time. We will walk the place and I will show you around. We will plan some bear stands.Maybe between the three of us we can knock a blackie down.  

Gott get somw squirrel hunting in to!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Asheboro hunter died yesterday. Fell from his stand bowhunting. About a 20' fall.

Be safe guys and gals.

Poor guy was 61.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: December 08, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »

Like this one -- LOL

J
Always be stubborn.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Shame about that hunter, sorry for his family and friends.

J
Always be stubborn.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: December 08, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
Such a shame. God be with his family.

Nice bear pic Jason (we found out today J-dog is a Jason and not a James - LOL). It was a pleasure meeting you and your Black Lab, buddy. Enjoyed the hunt and watching the racoons - two large ones and two medium size - those two climed a tree, either to eat or play, or both. Stayed around for a half hour or so. Beautiful woods and fields. Lots of fresh deer tracks and "scat" (also from various other critters) - and we only saw two other hunters - not really in our chosen location. Good day - but I'm still chilly this evening - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »
hooly crap lloooooookkky at that black bear. yeah  yeah yeah he is the one. anytime your ready we will go get him j-dog do you know how often this bear shows up on your trail cam.have you seen him this yr i just saw it was last yrs pic. thats a good size bear im sure he still around. whenever your ready we will go. ruddy

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
I haven't reported in awhile, I took off work yesterday so I could hunt tne cold snap. Baby it was COLD, but worth it. I found a ridge runnin beside the river swamp, i knew it would be a gold mine. I saw 5 yesterday morning and noticed a limb off a small tree under my stand was in little bit in the way. when I went in the in the afternoon I took a bucket of corn in with me. After I dumped the corn I flipped the bucket over and cut the intruding limb and a half a fistful of corn fell out. I saw 6 deer that afternoon 4 to far and you guested it 2 under me eating the 50 kernels of corn that fell out of the bucket. they stay close to 2 hours under without offering a shot, they were so close I could hear the crunchin as they eat. Oh well it was fun.
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
Went back to Lukens this past sunday with some buddys for the 2nd annual, Pearl Harbor, doe hunt. 5 hunters with trad bows. 5 does killed. we pulled most of our stands and are getting ready to move one state south for some pig hunting. Ive had a good year. 6 for 6.

Good luck on the bear hunt guys. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Any of you fellers located a little further west closer to me?  School ends Dec. 17th and I have a few weeks off before the next semester starts.  I'd like to get together with some people and hunt rabbits or deer or whatever season is still in at the time.  I'm thinking of heading to Perkins game land to check it out and a guy on another site told me to check out Lake Jordan.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »
I'm done too - pulled my stands - great season - I am a little burnt out. I had more fun this year than in a long time - maybe cause I'm gettin old. Few weeks to catch up before hog hunting starts - Goin wide open this year. Hogs and Turkeys are in Big Trouble 2011!!! Don - see ya in camp!
<><
<------------------<<<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kenneth:
Any of you fellers located a little further west closer to me?  School ends Dec. 17th and I have a few weeks off before the next semester starts.  I'd like to get together with some people and hunt rabbits or deer or whatever season is still in at the time.  I'm thinking of heading to Perkins game land to check it out and a guy on another site told me to check out Lake Jordan.
Asheboro here....always lookin for a place to try out the skills....  :)

If you're looking for squirrel, Uwharrie Forest is a vast area down here, but better on the squirrels after deer season.

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
Bud,  I'm up for some squirrels!  I haven't hunted here in NC yet because I haven't had time to locate any land or anything but I heard from another guy that Perkins had a lot of deer sign.  Not much deer season left but I'm gonna go ahead and get a tag just in case.  If I could get the time and money I'd love to head to Rays and chase some hogs sometime too.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
Good "clean up", Don. Continued luck with the porkers in SC - you too, Cory. The way they are predicting the upcoming weather, the cold may close me down - LOL. I'll still try to get out when I can stand it though (never say die).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Cold, rainy, and windy.

A good day to surf Traggang.

Was hoping to get another day in the stand tomorrow but they're calling for wind chills to be near zero in the piedmont. Still debating......

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Mon AND Tues looks like cold and miserable. I see my fifth empty season in a row piling up on me here - LOL. As Linda Ronstadt said, "Po' Po' Pitiful Me ..."    :(    ;)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »
Bernie, thats no kinda talk for a jarhead. Why don't you plan to sit in your favorite stand at my place on Wed . It's ready any time you are. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©