3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters?  (Read 16004 times)

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters?
« Reply #280 on: December 19, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
I went this afternoon amid the wind and cold. I killed a spike that I have to go get in the morning. He expired in the middle of the swamp and I aint swimmin to him, he will be just as dead in the morning when I take the canoe over to the club. I saw 9 altogether, 7 being in shooting range. This the first deer I've shot a simmons broadhead........I am very impressed!
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I wanted to go today but we had a full moon all night and I think they probably fed all night and will likely bed up all day. There are still loads of acorns left in the area where I hunt.

Maybe this afternoon late....
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
Cleve - good job in the swamp. looking forward to pics. Simmons will not let you down!
<><
<----------------<<<<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
Cory I'm sorry to say I aint real tech savy, so no pics. this is the 3rd deer this year with my new to me boyles t/d and the 1st with a treeshark all I can say is OMG! It was a good hit from about 9yds and the trail was unlike any I've ever seen. I never had to bend down to inspect anything, just a walkin track to the swamp and there he laid, pretty as you please 100yds from the shot. I shoot "heavy" gear 68lbs recurve and about a 700gr arra. those treesharks are MEAN with that setup.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Good on ya, nc r. If you have pics but just don't savvy posting them, e-mail or PM them to me and I'll gladly post them for you (for us - LOL).
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
Cleve - cool on all that bro - we never get tired of bloodtrailing shark hits - and we smile as soon as we shoot. No maybe - No guessing!!!
<><
<--------------------<<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
I managed to knock another smallish freezer deer down tonite. I will tell on myself here, I missed twice before connecting! at the same deer. % strolled in together and for god knows what reason at 10yds I drew and missed they scattered and started back to me. same deer, same 10yds, same result. third time was a charm 50 yd track job this time with an interceptor, I am now a simmons convert! I got some pics if someone wants to post'um for me.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
My e-mail is [email protected], buddy.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
i got a velvet 4point in bow season, dad got one a couple weeks ago.
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Good on ya, Luke and Joe (wish I could say something anywhere close to that. I can't even say I almost got one - LOL).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2010, 06:43:00 AM »
Got some pics coming from nc recurveman for "our" enjoyment. I'll post them as soon as possible after receiving them. Keep your eyeballs peeled.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Deer have virtually quit moving during daylight around where I hunt. Gun hunters have'em spooked into night movement I guess. I haven't seen any the last two times out but after dark they're in my parent's back yard just hours after I leave the stand about 50 yards away. I spooked 3-4 the other morning walking to the stand just after 5:30am, but nothing the rest of the day to be seen except squirrels.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
I went back to the club this morning only to tote corn, those deer are eatin me outa house and home! I'm up to 150 lbs twice a week now.Anyhow I took my duaghter Bailey with me she wanted to see where I shot the deer. Just for kicks I started her on the bloodtrail and to my disbelief she followed it right to where I found the deer last night. I think every 7 year old girl outta know how to blood track right? lol Bernies gonna post the pics I took, to tell the truth the camera we have ain't hittin on much and the pics dont do justice to the trail. in places sprayed 8-10 feet from the deers true path. Think simmons wants to use bailey as an spokesgirl lol......"bloodtrails so good your 7 year old duaghter can follow them" LOL  :biglaugh:    :laughing:

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: December 24, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
Congrats nc-r. Hopefully I'll see a blood trail soon.

For you NCers, looks like if you like huntin' in the white stuff you'll be getting some. Hopefully we'll get alot.

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
I hope so I love huntin in the snow, its a rare treat for us around here. everything is so peaceful its good for the soul.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: December 25, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »
Merry Christmas NCers. Looks like many of us will see snow. I hope to be in the stand today by 2pm. And maybe again in the early morn if'n I get skunked again this afternoon. (I've tried to be good Santa...)

Whatever you do today or tomorrow, enjoy the scenery and be safe in your travels.

Bud.

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: December 25, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
yea i think even here at the coast they are talkin about 8" to a solid foot!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: December 25, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
That's good advice, Bud B.

Well nc r's pics came in last night (along with Santa, I guess - LOL) and I've uploaded them to PhotoBucket  - so it is now my pleasure to post them for our perussal and pleasure - Thanks, nc r. One of the pics only half of came through - it is apparently of a tree that got "blood spattered" big time. I am posting it also (in it's half-form) and if they can resend that one, I'll exchange it here in the thread later.

The Trail:

Bailey "On" The Trail:

(more to come)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: December 25, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
The Blood-spattered tree:

Final result - getting ready for the next one:

End results:

What made the great Blood Trail and end results possible:

Merry Christmas to all.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: December 25, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
Thank you Mr. Bernie. yea that trail was one of the best I ever "created". the heart shot from a 1/4 away isn't something I'd hold my breathe to do again. better to be luck the good.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©