3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters?  (Read 16006 times)

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters?
« Reply #300 on: December 25, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
The shot placement we all would love to have. NICE!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: December 25, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
Oh I forgot the pic with bailey pointing to the ground, well I am fasinted by the forensic sciences and bailey has to endure countless sceince shows on the subject. LOL well Bailey was on the trail and says, "Dad I remember the tails of the blood drops points the direction the deer run". WOW I dont think I learned that little trick till I was 19 or 20! smart kid.....she got that from momma LOL
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: December 25, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
The pic of the tree came through and some of the deer so I've added them to my original post, so go back and eyeball the pics again. (BTW Your welcome Cleve, and it's still really my pleasure.)

Also this one of Bailey's take on the "Job Well Done" came through - I love it!:

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
Great job Cleve - I have a 20 year old daughter in the next room who helped me trail 16 years ago !! on a similar trail. Great times.
<><
<-----------------<<<<<<<
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: December 25, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
Had two doe walk on my left today about 50 yards away. They really stood out in the snow!!

They never got closer and I never saw anything else. Even the squirrels were laid up today.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
So far, no white stuff on the South Coastal area here, not that we need any. Raining this AM.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »
bernie, i think i live a little further inland, we got a light dusting so far, we'll see what the day brings, waitin for mor snow, i know the critters will be hungry soon got to get out there and chase them critters, just one more  :pray:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Ooops - I take it back, it started up here about 20 or 30 minutes ago and already has at least some white stuff on almost everything outside. I probably won't get out until the last three days of the season now (Thurs., Fri, and/or Sat.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: December 26, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
I went this morning and saw nothing, its all or nothing whens its like this. when this storm breaks they will go nuts! we have 6"ish on the ground here in chowan, Bertie had 8"ish when I left there about 9 this morning and still comin down HARD here.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: December 26, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »
im fixin to go out snow is slowing i know the deer are gonna be ready to move its now or nothin, still got a few days left to make it happen the real work begins.

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: December 26, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
we have 8"-10" on the ground at the moment and weather doofus says we may top a foot! going huntin when the wife gets home from the hospital in the a.m. cant wait!

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Well, I had a nice (not so nice) cold settle in on me Sat. night/Sun. AM so depending on whether the cold gets "better", or I do, first will determine if i get out again before the close of season or not. Durn common colds are not the friends of old timers - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
sorry to hear that bernie, i hope ya feel better soon. give me a call ifn ya feel up to it. ruddy

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
Sorry to hear you're sick Bernie.

I've been fighting a cold/flu bug for about two-three weeks off and on. Had it bad last Wed and Thur right before Chirstmas.

BUT!

It's coming down to the wire folks. I might have two days in me, maybe even only one  :(

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »
Thanks, guys. They say there is a lot of it going around here now. Head feels like a balloon that's been over-inflated -    :(

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: December 28, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
went and sat in a ground blind this afternoone. after the sun went down over the tree , boy did the temp drop whew. im still tryin to warm up. sorry i didnt see anything except a couple o woodpeckers. 3 days left to make it happen. goin to sit at dons place tomorrow . we shall see. ruddy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: December 29, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
Skewer another one, buddy! I went outside just to remove some limbs that fell in the dogs yard during the storm. Was only out about 20 mins and couldn't hardly breath by the time I came back in. As you can imagine, Rose gave me what for -     :eek:   Good luck at Don's.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: December 29, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Bernie, Ruddy just left. No deer but he sure looked cold when he came out of the woods. I kinda srewed up and for got that they run dogs on the club every day the last week of the season. He got to hear some very good dog races though.LOL.  If all goes well with my work tomarrow, He will have a story to tell come friday night. Gonna take him to a very special spot. later Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: December 29, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Guess we are getting ready to just have to talk about hunting again bout to run outta time.Gonna go fri and sat and see what happens.I was sick last weekend and bout froze to death fri morning so i didn't even go sat or sun i hope i can shake this nasty cough before fri.Good luck to yall.If its brown its down this week.
Possum the other white meat

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: December 30, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
Hmmmm - no word from Ruddy but his phone has been acting up in this cold - or it may just mean nothing to report    :dunno:  

Hope my bear didn't get him - wait, that's not funny when you don't know    :nono:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©