3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters?  (Read 16005 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters?
« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
Ooops - posted that just a second too soon. Thanks for the update, Don. I remember about the "dog races" from last year though. (Now, the bear thing is funny -       :knothead:  What a way to end the season, huh, Preston?
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
yep stood in the stand yesterday at dons. it was a perty day out. i heard the dogs about 3:45 they just kept gettin closer,at one point it sounded like they were about 30 yrds from me. i just kinda hung my head and muttered some choice adjectives. anyone who knows me, knows how i feel about runnin deer with dogs. oh well 2 days left. thanks for lettin me sit in your stand don, you certainly have some perty woods to sit in. lookin foward to friday. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
oh yeah, bernie ,preston, i hope you fellas are feelin better soon, i hope you didnt get what i got a month ago, terrible stuff. i wouldnt wish that on anyone. plenty of rabbits and squirrels to go after, and turkey season too, and dont forget there's plenty of yotes and bobcats to go after till feb. ruddy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
Good luck, Ruddy, at least it is supposed to be a little warmer (less cold) for the week end.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2010, 06:27:00 AM »
last day for deer here in n.c. its crunch time boys! i aint picky strictly a freezer meat hunt.  cant hardly sit still right now. the anticipation is killin me. i'll talk with y'all tomorrow. ruddy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
I still think the season is "THROUGH" Jan First, Ruddy, as it says in the regs,  which would mean it wouldn't end until a half hour after sundown on the first, Sat. this year - (and so do a lot of other NC folks from what I've heard and seen). That doesn't mean I'm right but no one has shown me proof to the contrary yet and a lot of folks I know hunt on Jan 1 every year. I can't with this cold but, if you want another day to hunt, I'd call a Game Warden and ask, if I was you.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Saturday is the last - hoping Ruddy smoked one this day!
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
nope the only thing i smoked today was a cigarette. don graciously invited me to come hunt with him at one of his favorite spots. i helped him pull some of his stands so he can perform maintainance during the off season. got in the stand a little after 2 and got out a little after 5. there was one rule that had to be followed. its not a shooter if its less than an 8 point. at 4 pm a 4 point and a spike stepped in to the area to feed on acorns and browse . i watched them for an hr. both were less than 10 yrds the whole time. so i became very observant without spooking them until they eased on off to a southeast direction. the 4 point was very watchful, he looked 3 times, to which i would slowly turn my head to look another direction. the spike wasnt as watchful. he was also sportin the prettiest chocolate brown coat ive ever seen on a deer. i was really taken by that. for an hour they circled my tree stand and eased off. i can see how don has learned to be very patient. i was very excited and happy to be there. thanks for inviting me don. its a great spread to hunt. no pics this time fellas. maybe tomorrow 1 day to go we shall see. ruddy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Right! Happy New Year all.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: January 01, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Had about five under and around the stand about 30 mintues before you could see this morning. As soon as the sky started lighting up it was like someone turned off a switch. The deer slipped out without hardly making a sound. Kinda creepy actually. It's like they vanished. Only saw one squirrel all day.

Hope you all had better luck than me.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »
Is it Deer season yet?    :D

Oh sure, now that the season is over, I begin to feel better (still feel like a you-know-what that's been poked with a stick but I can tell it is on the run and I should begin to feel/sound more like normal any day now).  

Time to start planning for next season (I sure hope they get the roads fixed in the local part of the National forest).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©