3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters?  (Read 16015 times)

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
I missed a 120 to 130 this evening he was an 8pt. I shot under him I miss judged the distance. This sucks. He was around 27 to 28 yards.LCH

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
That's a bummer, LCH but you'll teach 'im (or another one) next time.

I went out with Chris again yesterday evening. We were hoping the deer would sense the pending front moving in but apparently it's not happening like they predicted - yet. It was comfortable when the breeze was up but every time it laid down, it was immediately HOT. Still a nice evening sit though. Chris was in a ladder stand down in a creek bed, and I was on a low oak ridge above it. Neither of us saw deer but I was amused by 4 squirrels - one of which was NOT amused by my being there - LOL He had been in the tree right above me, and when Chris came up from the creek bed he wanted to know what that weird racket had been - because the fool squirrel had given himself a sore throat, or something.

I expect Chris to get his "New to him" trad bow from Paul in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday, and we are hoping for better (less heat) days in the coming week - and maybe a little rain, or at least clouds.

Good luck J-dog - and all.

Worst is - this year we can finally bow hunt on Sundays in NC - but only on private land. However we don't have access to any, just yet this year. we are checking it out though. Chris is really anxious to start carrying his "lighter" trad bow (as soon as we get it all set up to hunt). I told him last night , after asking him to hold my Anneewakee Addiction while I turned my boots up, "Yeah, that's why I keep handing mine to you - to keep you fired up on trad." LOL
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
Finally a break in the heat. Now if the rain would just get here.

I still won't get into the woods for another week, if then. :(
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »
saw 4 does this a.m. one is the same big mama doe ive been seein for the past 3 yrs. she's a smart girl. two are a little smaller than big mama, and a fawn in the process of losing spots getting ready to be a yearling. to bad the fawns twin didnt make it this year, im not sure what happened to it, been seein the twins off and on all summer . then i didnt see the twin no more.i hope at the least it was a predator and not 3000lbs of rolling steel that got it. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Flint Head

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
I hunt a archery only piece of land in Anson County... we got a 120 clas buck on the camera last week. I have not made it out there yet,,, but I'll have the "Wider Critter" out soon!

Offline Malery Oxendine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
How you doing Mark. Give me a call when you get a chance. Hope you get a chance at that Buck.

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
Cory's been stackin em up. Killed a nice buck this am I think.

Lee, aim harder next time.

Rudy, Now that you got something decent to shoot, I'm sure the mojo will kick in.

Bernie, stay after them. I haven't sat since the 13th, but plan to get after em soon. I'll give you a call in the next week or so . Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
Sky is looking pretty black out there right now but still holding back.

Keep eyeballin' them, Rudy, and you'll be "reporting" one down soon.

Cory's tough on them critters ain't he - LOL. Glad to hear from you anytime, Don.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
i visited with batman this afternoone. batman graciously put together some carbons together for me so i can step in the woods soon to put the hunt on. i saw for more does on the move this afternoone near batmans place and on the way home i saw 3 long beards in a horse pasture. man im i excited about this hunting season. don thanks for building some great arrows. i guess between you, john and i , we're gonna make this happen. ruddy

Offline Arrowhead80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
I finally had time to shoot some this afternoon,work is killing me.Just got back this afternoon from taking Melissa and Lily to Tweetsie RR.I have barely had time to get corn on the ground mostless hunt but with the cool weather i think i'll try to slide out this week.Good luck to everyone.
Possum the other white meat

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Hunt got rained out this evenin...I aint complaining though 'cause its dry as a popcorn fart...(that's pretty dry)   :D
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Whats up fellas? fellow NC user here from good ole Ashe co. Arrowhead80 i live like 15 mins from Tweetwsie. If you nedd a place to hunt in the mountains shoot me a pm. Anyways been hunting hard, seen plenty but no shots. My GF shot a pretty 6 last night, but it was with a pink wheelie....i know shame shame..
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Good Ole Ashe County.

Hunted Carson Woods YEARS ago. I miss that place.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Malery Oxendine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Got a Buck in S.C. September 3rd hunting in the river swamp close to where I live. Rack was not much but deer weight was 210lb. Almost had a shot at a feral Hog two weeks ago. Wind was swirling and I'm sure he got a nose full and the deal was off. Had a good Doe slip by me last saturday morning. Next morning heard Deer coming from behind me, then they stopped and started blowing. This went on for about 15 minutes. Might need to name that stand site Hurricane Branch after all that blowing.  Will try to get a pic of deer posted. Good to hear from you Preston.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 06:09:00 AM »
This AM the TV is reporting rain all around us last night and this AM - but so far we haven't even got a fully wet back deck area - weird. Thunder is sure grumbling, though, and driving Camo Dog crazy  - who in turn drives me crazy - LOL

Congrats on the downed deer and sightings, guys (and gals).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
even if its still raining here, depending on how lite , i may step in the woods this a.m. im having trouble containing myself ruddy

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
Good luck if you go, Rudy. I got stuff I have to do - but we have finally got a little wetness here in our little corner of the county. Still not enough to really wet this part of the Croatan Forrest the way it needs, though.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
...still nothing for me.  I have yet to see a deer.  Oh well, at least I'm in the woods, right?
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
Still waiting for the temperature to drop and it looks like it may be getting there. This is the year that I want to take a deer with primitive equipment. Several of the guys around the shop have taken on that goal also. One of them has already taken a doe with an arrow and point that I knapped, so I guess that they really will take a deer. It may take a while but for me it has to be a close (10-12yds) shot that feels right. It doesn't matter whether it's a buck or a doe as long as it doesn't have spots, or has a fawn with it with spots.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
the does are on the move this afternoone fellas. tried to put the stalk on big mama this afternoone. i dont know how she spotted me but she did. she must be jumpy from all the thunder ive been hearing today. got to within 25 yrds of her and the group. that was the most fun ive had since sissapahaw. ruddy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©