3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: predator bows  (Read 511 times)

Offline reinmb

• Trad Bowhunter
predator bows
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
I think that I have made up my mind to buy a predator recurve.  Is it true that the only way they are sold is thru a distributer?  I have heard so many good things about the owners, that it seams strange that you have to go thru a bass pro shop or the likes to get one.

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: predator bows
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »
Check out their website at  www.huntersniche.com  
You can buy from them.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline reinmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 01:11:00 AM »
how do you like your predator?  I'm currently shooting a bw pma takedown and a massey longbow.

Offline reinmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
do you know if they still make a one piece?

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
Ron doesn't currently offer a one-piece Predator.

I love mine!
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Online BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
I have 3 new predators for sale. 1 classic and 2 hunter models. All are right hand. the hunters are 60"- 50#'s and 62" 46#'s. The classic is 60"- 48#'s

thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline reinmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
I need a lefty

Offline Footed Shaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
Bigjim, any light weight limbs kicking around for a R/H classic (  35/40 lb ?) Bill

Offline stickytoes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
I went right to the shop and bought mine..ron and Mike are good people..I have a lefty for sale but I can't post it till I have a hundred posts.

Offline stickytoes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
I went right to the shop and bought mine..ron and Mike are good people..I have a lefty for sale but I can't post it till I have a hundred posts.

Offline stickytoes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Sorry for the double post...fat fingered it. I do love the draw on predator bows they seem so smooth and in my opinion they shoot with more authority then my other similar poundage recurves

Offline reinmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
do you still have the lefty for sale???

Offline Ronyag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
I love mine. You will like the smooth draw!     I just ordered limb skins to cover the black laminate [Hunter Recurve]....a Doe busted me Sunday in a tree at 16 feet. She saw the black and knew something was up. Everything else was camo,so that had to be it. If I ordered a new one, I would get clear glass.

Funny, I watched her go to the tree I was in last year and look up it it. I'm going to get her this year!!!
RG

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
I got a very good deal on a Predator Classic,used, but in almost Pristine condition.  46#'s@28". I'm  impressed with how well this bow shoots. I highly reccomend them.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Beav

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
I have 2 Predator recurves and 2 Phoenix longbows of Ron's. My son has a Predator recurve.  To say we "are sold" is an understatement.  Love the look and feel of the bow.  Good luck.  Beav
A fast miss....is still a miss.

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
reinmb, I went to their website at  www.huntersniche.com  and looked at the available options. I could have placed my order by mail using their order form, but I decided to do it by phone. I believe Ron Pittsley's business partner, Mike Hoadley, answered my call and took my order. Anyway, five or six weeks later I received a brand new Phoenix longbow made to my specs. Cabela's carries the basic model Predator recurve and Phoenix longbow, both made with a solid bubinga riser. Since The Hunter's Niche direct prices are better than Cabela's, you can get more options such as a laminated riser, or a different limb laminate choice, for just a little more money. That being said, the basic models offered by Cabela's look great to me just as they are. Clint

Offline Chimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 12:15:00 AM »
I've owned several great bows. Ron's a great guy.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »
I've bought three directly from Ron; one for my son and two for me. They are terrific to deal with and seem to always have at least parts of the bow made up -- so the wait time isn't too long.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
I have an original Pittsley preditor and I will never sell that bow,,,, on a different note,,,, have any of you ever seen Ron shoot?  denton hill he put all his arrows in a 3" group in a turkey's kill  @ a paced off 45yds up the hill,,, thats when i decided to keep my mouth shut until we finished he course.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »

I just purchased this bow from a person who purchased it brand new from Ron Pittsley at a traditional archery event this June. I should be receiving the bow sometime this week. As you can see, it has a Phoenix longbow style riser but it has more radically reflexed/deflexed limbs. It's also a very compact 60" AMO length. The belly side is black glass & it's backed with clear glass over zebrawood. This bow is so new that it isn't on the Hunter's Niche website yet. I don't even know what the name of this model will be. I believe the original Phoenix longbow (with longer & more mildly reflexed/deflexed limbs) is still available. I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag by posting this. I don't have a Predator recurve yet, but I do have a 64" Phoenix longbow that I really like.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©