3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad shop in Omaha, NE area???  (Read 239 times)

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad shop in Omaha, NE area???
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
Hi all,

will be vacationing in Omaha in a couple weeks and just wondering if there are any good trad shops that are in the area.  Or any other items that a trad minded person might enjoy???

Caleb
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad shop in Omaha, NE area???
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
ttt

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Nope, nothing strictly traditional.  However, Scheels, Cabelas, and Bass Pro Shops (Council Bluffs) are a GREAT visit, have tons of cool things to see and do, and offer a very limited supply of traditional archery gear.  Also, Full Draw Archery is a first class archery and pro shop complete with a very nice indoor archery range.  

When you come to town shoot me an email and maybe we can shoot a bit.  There's a nice outdoor range and timbered walking course with about 30 target butts located just north of Omaha.  Nice place for stumping or roving.     :)
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Unfortunately I have not been able to find one - end up ordering my stuff online.  Cabelas does have a tiny bit of stuff.  I did get lucky about a month ago - walked into Scheels and found a Kota Killum sitting on the rack (all by itself) was clearanced down to 299.00 - didn't need another bow but my cousin did - we got it for him for 275.00 after a bit of bargining - what a deal - it was brand new!  Good luck.
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Hey, mwosborn...that WAS a nice bow at Scheels.  I looked at it several times.  The handle wrap needed a touch of work, so that bargaining was worth it!  But, what a great deal on a great bow.  Good for you.    :)    :thumbsup:
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
If you drive 2 hours East, Des Moines has a great trad shop.  Bearfoot Traditions.  It is open weekday nights.  Filled with bows.  Has an indoor range as well.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©