3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: loosing weight for hunting season  (Read 772 times)

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: loosing weight for hunting season
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
Good for you. I lost a bunch this year too not as much as you but enough everyone notice. It has made cashing the elk much easier this year.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ray Hammond:
the hardest thing about mountain biking is finding a place in the city to do it.

There have to be those places...I just haven't located one in close proximity to where I live.

Driving 50 miles to bike is not a workable solution.

Are there websites where I might find the locations near me?
http://singletracks.com/
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Quite an accomplishment! I am sure you feel better for it. Stay with it......it is a life style!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
Great job!!1  I went from 218 to 156 over the last year and half.   Feel better, sleep better.   Biking and cutting out some types of foods.   My weight has been stable for over 6 months.   The hard part will be maintaining the lower weight.   Don't slip back into bad habits.  And every once in a while, treat yourself!
Mel Riley

Offline hunterbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Thanks guys.sounds like there is alot on this site that has been loosing.good job guys and gals.Yes I am feeling better.And I do treat myself every now and then.I have ate more apples since april than I ate my whole life.but I think of them as Gods candy to us.And yeah the last 8# to reach 200 is going to be the hardest but I will get there.THANKS AGAIN.
robert quetot

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
Congratulations it is hard to do and harder to keep off.  Good luck with your quest.

Online Archie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
I went from 205 to 175 (6'0", 39 yrs old) this past year after hearing my doctor say, "You've got diabetes."  All it took was a change in my diet:  45-60 grams of carbs per meal.  The diabetes will never go away, but the weight loss makes me feel better, younger, cleaner somehow.  

Congrats on your loss -- and you didn't even have to get sick to do it!  And I'm sure it will make climbing into tree stands easier this season!
Life is a whole lot easier when you just plow around the stump.

2006  64" Black Widow PMA
2009  66" Black Widow PLX
2023  56" Cascade Archery Whitetail Hawk
2023  52" Cascade Archery Golden Hawk Magnum

Offline HoggyO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
Congrats on the weight loss! Feels great to walk around a few pounds light doesnt it? I recently lost 70 pounds after I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes about 4 months ago at the age of 35,keep up the good work!

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Awesome feeling isn't it?  

I was 291 pounds last year at the beginning of August, and I'm proud to say that I am now 223 pounds.  The best thing I did was not allow myself to eat after 8PM.  I used to sit town to a full meal anywhere between 10 and 11 at night, then get done and go to bed.

I too would like to be back to 200, but only time will tell.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
That is a great feat!!!!!!!

Now keep a watch to not let it sneak back. All the fat cells are still there waiting to fill back up with goo if you eat bad.(I Know)

Keep eating healthy and get in that cardio and weights.

GREAT JOB!!!

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Thats a lot of weight taken off! Congratulations and good on you. I hope you reach your goal.
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LA Trapper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Great job guys.  Lot's of will power.

Billy
Lifetime Member Bayou State Bowhunters
Lifetime Member Louisiana Traditional Bowmen

The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked.

Offline digicon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Go Get em Bob.

Mike

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »
Bob, that's awesome!!  I need to lose about 30 pounds myself.  It's hard to get motivated!  Glad you have found a way!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
Good work and congratulations. I know what that is like. When I was in the Marines at 6'2" and 210lbs. I wore a size 34 pants. Move forward 28yrs since I entered the marines. I found myself at almost 294lbs. I am now 265lbs. I have always carried it well and that was my problem I did't notice it until I stepped on a scale. I was still wearing a size 40 pants and a 2x shirt but my shoulders are very wide and it takes away from the waist. I got it off walking up and down the hills at the shoots I attend.
USMC 82-86

Offline GraniteStater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Nice work, I'm in a similar boat.  Was 304, now about 261 and working down to 220 and maybe a bit lower.  I've been taking the slow and steady route it's taken me about 10 months to lose the 43 Lbs.  So maybe another year or so for the rest.

Just been adjustments in a more active lifestyle (I can thank traditional archery/stumping/scouting).  And just watching what I eat a bit, and not eating late.

Nice to see I'm not alone though! haha
1Peter 5:6,7

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »
Well done!  My father took up hiking and backpacking several years ago as both a weight loss/controll incentive and to see more country.  He's really enjoyed it and enjoys the benifits when he's bowhunting too.  Lots of perks to good health!
Silence is golden.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
Down 35 pounds from last season due to health problems but still I feel better and stronger for this season.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
I just got back from the Dr.s and have lost 25 Lbs. since spring,more to go,but shes a good start.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
Bob, congrats on the weight loss and improved health.  I'm working on doing the same and know how difficult it can be. As hard as it was  giving up cigarettes 21 yrs. ago, it was nothing compared to trying to lose weight and keep it off.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©