3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: EFOC believer  (Read 218 times)

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
EFOC believer
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »
I took my first longbow deer this past Saturday.  The setup was completely new to me this year.  

60# Mattawaoman II longbow, 28 1/2" Gold Tip 55/75 with 100 grain brass adapter and 200 grain Razorcap.  
The shot was 28 yards.  When I let the string slip, the big doe took half a step to the right causing the arrow to enter behind the last rib.  Angling foward, the arrow exited between the front legs, taking out some liver, lung, heart, and some other stuff I didn't feel the need to look at.  She went about 60 yards on a dead sprint (literally).  

I've shot aluminum exclusively until now.  One and done arrows gets expensive.  I put this one back in the quiver after a little sharpening touch up.  The feathers smell funny at full draw, but that just brings back memories.  I'll post a pic when time allows.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: EFOC believer
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
Congrats.  Sounds like the arrow did its job.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
Im glad to read this, Im getting a new bow and this very similar to the arrows Im going to order.

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I'm convinced as well. Once I got the arrow dialed in and tuned I've put arrows slap thru 4 different critters. Arrow stuck in the ground on the other side in all cases.
50#@28" GT 55/75 cut to 30.5, 250 gr BH and 100 gr insert.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Welcome to the EFOC believers club.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
I just talked to a wheelie 'work' friend of mine earlier today who 'restarted' archery this year so he can archery hunt Elk next year.

I showed him pics of my new LB and he expressed interest in my LB arrow set-up. After a mini-tutorial in Ashby's findings, I talked him into letting me make him a couple EFOC arrows to try on his compound this season.

He and his wife are big time goose hunters and  gonna try to call in some geese for me to shoot with my LB  :pray:  ... I really hope we can work that out...who knows maybe he and his wife will convert in time   :archer2:
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©