3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I have a theory  (Read 346 times)

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
I have a theory
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
After 8 days so far in the mountains without seeing an elk, I have a theory. I believe that there is a conspiracy that may go all the way to the White House regarding elk and bow season in the Bighorns. See, for the past three years I have hunted archery season without seeing an elk. I've hunted high and I've hunted low; no wapitis. Oh sure, I see them before season, and gun hunters blaze away at them during rifle season. I know that some, even on this site, have claimed to see elk during archery season, and some have even claimed to have killed one or two in the Bighorns with a bow, but I think that they are finding the few strays that Game and Fish missed during their roundup. I have heard (no personal experience) that people see elk in places like Kentucky, Michigan and other states that shouldn't have an elk within a hundred miles, and my theory is this: that Wyoming Game and Fish is in cahoots with those DNRs in other states to sell elk licenses, and that just before bow season, our G and F has a big elk roundup, takes elk from the Bighorns, and 'leases' them to the other states so that those states can sell elk licenses when people see elk in their area. Then, they round up the elk in time for the gun season in the Bighorns, so the rifle hunters can blast away.
Why do I say that this conspiracy may go all the way to the White House, who to my knowledge has never seen an elk or would know one if they saw one? Well, I have heard a whole lot of talk on the news about the White House  wanting to "redistribute elk". The "redistribution of elk" is big on their agenda, for reasons I don't understand. At least that is what I thought I heard.
I have looked at this very analytically, and I am sure my theory must be right; just as George Bush flooded New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, our Game and Fish is "redistributing elk". This must be brought out publicly and put to a stop. And when FerretWyo posts some picture of an elk he supposedly killed in the Bighorns, take it with skepticism; I think he may be following Game and Fish around, seeing what strays they might miss.
And I will be going back on the mountain next week to see if they accidentally missed one or two in my area. I ain't holding my breath.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I have a theory
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
:biglaugh:
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Wulomac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
Well said!!!
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.  GEN-21:20

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
I feel your pain sir!  Good luck to you next week, and i hope at least a straggler finds himself (or herself) within about 15 yards of you in a clear shooting lane!  :thumbsup:  Keep the faith!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
That explains it Pat!! I have seen one elk during the hunt here in UT, and this makes perfect sense. They bring them back just in time for the limited entry unit hunts here in UT. I'm just glad someone brought this out to the public!   :clapper:    :clapper:    :laughing:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Prairie Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Maddog Bows (16)
Rocky Mnt Recurves(2)
Sierra Blanca Bows (2)
Mike B.

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
I feel the same after spending 9 days in the rockies and never hearing a bull bugle and driving 3000 miles round trip.  :banghead:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
That is good. Now if you can wrap the Bermuda Triangle, bigfoot and area 51 into it I think you would really have something you take the National Enquirer.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 03:05:00 PM »
Pat, that is awesome!!  I for one know first hand that there are elk in the bighorns during September.  When we were there last year the owner of the Campground we stayed at killed one with his wheelie bow.  We seen the rack and the buckets of meat he brought back off the moutain with him.  He must be another one that follows the Game and Fish around looking for straglers!!    :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:  

that's GOOD!
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
They did the same thing with bears in northern Maine last week--I know that has to be the reason I did not see any where I normally do.  The gubment agents might try to blame the change in game movement on Hurricane Earl, but we know better.  :nono:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »
:laughing:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Ditto

:laughing:  

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Hess

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Crazy huh?  The only thing I really took home out of that is GW is to blame...

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Pat I nabbed a stray in the Laramie Peaks area...hang in there. The Game and Fish left a few to feed the yeti's they did a swap with Canada for mule deer. Be on the look out for them as well  :)
Mike Davenport

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
Most of those elk in kentucky came from the utah round up we have before our archrey season. I didn't know a man could follow so much "yesterday's sign". It's been real tough here too,had an elk(or DWR paid actor) into about 50 yards last night and didn't even see it. I think your spot on with your theory.  :biglaugh:    :laughing:

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
The DWR here puts out more deperdation/antlerless tags than there are elk on the unit I hunt,true story. Its hard to keep going out and not seeing any animals.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Ha!

Reminds me of the story I read where I think Slim Pickens walked up to the counter of a store after his elk hunt and asked them to sell him an elephant license.  The lady says "Huh? An elephant license???  Why sir, we don't have elephants in Wyoming, why would I sell you an elephant license?"

Slim comes back and says, "Well little lady, I just hunted my @$$ off for two whole weeks and never even saw an elk or elk sign but you sold me an elk license, so why not an elephant license?"
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
:readit:

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©