3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: back quiver our a lock on quiver  (Read 1658 times)

Offline killzone2

• Trad Bowhunter
back quiver our a lock on quiver
« on: January 09, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
I am thinkng about a quiver that i want. But i can not make up my mind. I dont know if i should get a back quiver our a slide on quiver for my new martin x-200. I am new to trad archery and i already like it more then compound.i have that bow and a browning nomad stalker I.

Offline SaskBushMan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: back quiver our a lock on quiver
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:51:00 PM »
I am going to say it's hit or miss.  I am affraid you will have to try them all to find one you like.  I have a selway slide on that I tried it's
Convenient but I don't like the wait it adds to the bow.  I have a back quiver on the way to try out.  I recently made a plains style quiver which was simple to make and so far my favorite.  The instructions are in the build along forum here.  Everyone has different taste's so it will be hard to get a single answer from all the shooters here.  Good luck you'll find one or one for different style's of shooting/hunting.

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
If you decide on a back quiver I highly reccomend Mike G  www.Mikesarcheryleather.com  I think he is a sponsor here & has lots of satisified customers including me. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
I have a side quiver, a back quiver and bow quiver.  I have used them all an sometimes love them and sometimes hate them.  It is a feel thing.

Now I use the back quiver for target shooting and the bow quiver for hunting.  At least for now...

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
I use a bow quiver for hunting and a back quiver or side quiver for practice/target shooting.  The bow quiver is quieter.  I also like the weight it adds to a longbow.  The additional weight also helps quiet the bow.  When one is practicing, noise doesn't make any difference.  It's a lot more time consuming and even more difficult to replace the arrows in a bow quiver than in a back or side quiver, not a problem when hunting, but a pain when practicing.

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
I would not put a slide-on on the bow , I would put a strap-on quiver like a Great Northern if you want a quiver on it. But for myself I use a back quiver or a GFA style quiver. I've tried them all a bow quiver can't be beat for convience but I hate them.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline CJ5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
I like bow quivers for deer hunting. They are quiet, convenient, and I don't mind the extra mass. Back and side quivers are a major pain when carrying treestands IMO. I do use a sidestalker for stumping and small game for the increased arrow capacity.

Offline dougers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
i have a slide-on bow quiver on my x-200 also.  i chose it because the noise my back quiver was makeing when i would bend over.  after ready some posts on here i may try my hand at making i quieter.  the bow quiver is nice though because as you move throug brush you can see that arrows dont get caught on random briars and such.
live and die by shades of grey

Offline Green Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
I only use a back quiver personally.  i like the bow without the extra weight.  not to mention i grew up using a back quiver and just feel naked without it.   :)

Here is one i'm tryin' to sell for my Dad.  it is listed on the quiver classifieds here.
(there are some more pics there too)

enjoy the day,
Kyle

"Everything the power of the world does it does in a circle." -Black Elk

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »
BACKQUIVER!!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup:

THEY LOOK COOL!!!!!!!!!!    :archer:

Image Is EVERYTHING
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
GFA quiver or the Eagles Flight Mini bow quiver. The Eagles flight adds almost zero weight to the bow and are very solid and strap on with velcro. I have 2 of the mini bow quivers made from elephant and sharkskin. Don the maker of the Eagles Flight is a sponser here.

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 08:24:00 AM »
Bow quivers have always made my bows noisier not quieter. I like a back quiver that allows you to bend over and tie yer shoes without spilling arrows over yer shoulder.
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
I don't like "loose" arrows for hunting so I use either a bow quiver (Eagles Flight mini, Thunderhorn) or GFA or Mark Bakers quiver caddy.

For stumping, roving, "practicing": any side, hip or back quiver, usually a hip quiver.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
I prefer a Thunderhorn 'strap-on' on all my bows. I have never noticed one adding noise to any bow I've ever had. But as for you and your question, only YOU can answer it. It's really a personal preference. What works for one fellow may not for the other. Try'em both.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
I don't know where or how you hunt but there is no way I could hunt with a back quiver.  Too noisy and gets hung up on brush.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
This is one of Mark Baker's quiver caddys

I don't like the weight on my bow. This caddy worked well with a climber on my back. Mark has a more pics that show it in use but...

Like others have said,Good Luck ! This is one of those ....'to each his own' kinda things...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©