3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your opinion on grizzlystik arrows.  (Read 772 times)

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your opinion on grizzlystik arrows.
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
I went to AD trads this year and love them.  I shoot  mostly judos and hit a lot of hard stuff without any damage.  Have gone through 2 judos and 2 refletching on the same shaft.  I shoot the regular trads out of a 66" 63# Robertson and now a 66" 59# Pronghorn with perfect flight.  With 250 up front and 100 grain inserts they come in at 715 grains.  My best friend just started shooting them with 175 grains heads out of his Schafer 73# recurve.  A couple years ago he tried grizzly sticks and couldn't get them tuned.  Trad lites would work for you.  I got mine from Paul at Badger arrows good guy to deal with.

Offline SaMbO2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Ok ive been thinking about this and i dont like to even think about tuning carbon arrows etc etc, with that said i shot some tapered cedar arrows about a year ago or so and they shot very nice and if i could have those nice of flying wood arrows again i would, but now for the question.

What is the best arrow wood for staying straight and is not over heavy? but can be bot in tapered shaft?

Thanks for your time and input its a really big help to me!  :)

God bless.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
Tapered Cedar and Spruce are light and straight.

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by SaMbO2:
What is the best arrow wood for staying straight and is not over heavy? but can be bot in tapered shaft?
Wow, that's like asking who's kid is smartest at the PTA meeting! I can't wait to see the answers on this one   :p
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline SaMbO2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Sorry if its a hard question it doesnt have to be super light i need some wait to have good penetration.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
I had a dozen Sitkas. I gave them away. I lost more inserts and had the tips split just shooting into an excelsior bale. Yes I was using what ABS recommended glue for the inserts. I was using them for tomato sticks, since I couldn't recommend them if I were to sell them. Someone wanted to try them so I gave them to him.

CX Heritage shafts for me - heavy, tough, shoot great (bare shaft to 40 yards) and much cheaper. Although I am going try douglas fir in the future.

Save yourself some money.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Way too heavy for any arrows I need.Much rather have the Beman bowhunters or GT Entradas myself.If I had to have a wood grain finish it would be Easton or GTs as well.The CX Heritage are ok but still heavier than I want in a shaft.Unless the quality has changed a lot all the above are far better than the Grizzly Sticks and priced a lot more sensible as well. jmho
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by SaMbO2:
Ok from your guys opinions/experience i dont think they are what im looking for.

What about BEMAN MFX classic carbon arrows they any good?

Is there a lot of modification you have to do to the arrows so they shoot good?

Thanks for your time and input.

God bless.
You won't be sorry if you choose the Beman MFX Classics. Guaranteed.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »
SaM Do you make your own arrows?  There are several good suppliers of tapered cedars, it gets cheaper if you make your own.

Offline SaMbO2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
I do make my own arrows, do you have any recommendations on witch company?

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
I am shooting Easton Epics with external aluminum footings and love them.  Tought, always straight, and fly like bullets.  Carbon is my personal choice.  I love making wood arrows and hate straightening them.

Carbons would are my choice.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline GREG IN MALAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
I tried the grizzly sticks and was not impressed. The sitka's and alaskan's flew well, but broke easier than gold tip traditionals and beeman mfx. I also had problems with the nocks breaking off inside the shaft. And the "made in china" label didn't help.
I didnt miss, thats right where I was aiming

Offline BowZen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
MFX all the way here. Excellent shaft, and brass inserts are included.

Offline Chad Orde

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Blog
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:00 PM »
Hey Guys
 I have been shooting gold tip expedition hunters all summer they are $30 for a half dozen and I hate to say it shot the cinder block base of my gaurage at least 6 different times and they didnt break, well maybe one did but they are tough cheap and fly great.
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/@Island_Drifter

https://www.instagram.com/island__drifter/

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I shoot AD (Arrow Dynamics). They are tapered and shoot well out of all my bows by simply changing point weight. They are tough and fly great for me. The taper makes it easy to get good FOC. Several of our sponsors carry them and can advise you on which ones will work best for you.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
After trying some carbons (grizzlysticks not among them) I prefer aluminum. The aluminums may bend on bad shots but are usually fixable. I've cracked some carbons from hard impacts and thats that.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
It is to bad that aluminum doesn't work anymore, so if anyone has any 1918s that they would like to put to sleep humanely send them to me.

Offline chad graham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
i tried some grizzly sticks they fly and tune well and quiet out of the bow.i was shooting a 50 # bow and the arrows didnt totally pass through,they did the job but brake when the deer run off. i had one come out in one piece but the land owner found it with his disc and ran it over before he could stop!mfx with the same bow and head total ly passed through.

Offline ErikT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
I like my Grizzly stik sitkas.  They fly well for me and come in at 610 grains finished using 190 grn Grizzly heads with brass inserts. That's no heavier than my surewood shafts and great FC ratio.  I'm not thrilled with 9/32 nocks though. I've had 3 break on me.  I did not use the male insert nocks but rather the aluminum glue-in insert with a 9/32 nock glued to that.
www.yankeehunter.com
Hunt much? ©

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©