3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tminus 24 hours and counting CANADA here I come.  (Read 209 times)

Offline BrianO

• Trad Bowhunter
Tminus 24 hours and counting CANADA here I come.
« on: September 17, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
Hello all, Im having a really hard time sleeping cause in about 24 hours im leaving for Grande Prairie Canada to meet up with fellow tradganger Steve Clandinin.  The anticipation is killing me.  From what I hear the elk are nearing full blown rut, the fall colors are prime and the temps are a little below average.  Sounds like the makings for a great hunt. Having never hunted elk before or leaving the borders of the us im nervous and excited. Hoping that I have all the proper forms and passports and such.  Hoping that my luggage arrives with me and not a week late.  And the thought of leaving my wife and two kids for a week is hard to swallow. But a guy has to do what a guy has to do right?...Right?

I was taking to my wife a while ago and she told me to please be careful while I am gone.  And that got me to thinking, as we all enter hunting season I would like to think that everyone will take the steps necessary to return to their homes safe.  Im sure the months ahead will find many children and wives waiting at home for the return of everyone of you. So good luck to each and everyone of you this season.  I hope you all Gods speed and safe returns.  And a punched tag will be like a cherry on top. Its sweet without it but it sure makes it better.

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tminus 24 hours and counting CANADA here I come.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
Good Luck !!!!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Online Bowshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Have a good trip Brian. The elk are going hard. Pack some cool weather clothes. I just about froze to the tree last night, I am south of Grande Prairie and got caught by a 20 degree drop in temp in less than a hour. It went from close to 50 F to below freezing with a 20 mph wind between 4:30 and 5:15.
You are coming at a great time! Post pictures when you  get back.

Terry

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
hope you have a very rewarding hunt!!!

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Good luck to you Brian!  i always tell my wife that the hardest part (for me) to go on an extended trip is the leaving part, and i mean it...but i still have to go!  That's the part that is the hardest for her to understand. Be safe and Godspeed to you sir!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©