3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wish me luck.  (Read 286 times)

Offline Broadside

• Trad Bowhunter
Wish me luck.
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
Howdy all.  I'm a lifelong archer.  I've been shooting trad since I was 6 years old.  Tried compounds in my early twenties, and came quickly back to my stick with a string on it and my cedar arrows.  I've been hunting on and off for the past 15 years save the last two years of not stepping foot in the woods.  Doe season for me starts tomorrow.  The problem is...

...I've never bagged a deer- ever.  I've not even had a shot on one.  Reading the elk stories on here sounds like my own saga for a whitetail. It would mean as much to me right now for a deer as any big game animal on the planet.

Sooooo... if anyone could send some good vibes my way, or even some happy thoughts I'd be grateful.  A prayer's worth extra.

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wish me luck.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
good luck...go have fun
i like biscuits

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
This is what my wife tells me about hunting...never give up, no matter what happens because you just never know what will happen next.  You just never know.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
No worries. It'll come soon enough. Do something different like stillhunting maybe (into the wind).
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Good luck to ya .... sometimes it's better to be lucky than good   :goldtooth:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ward / Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
Deer hunting is like statistics. Spend enough time in the woods, it's bound to happen.
Good luck.  Ward

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 12:41:00 AM »
Let me tell you a quick story bout' a 6 day Canadian Bear hunt I was on about 3 years ago. I hunted with 3 other of my huntin' buds, who all saw and killed their bears within the first 2 days of the hunt.

I was in an area where my guide assured me there was a giagantic color phase bear. I sat for nearly 14 hours each day for four days and never saw the first bear. I was determined to get a bear. On day 5 my guide asked me to load up and move to a second bush camp where all but one of the hunters had tagged out. I moved (reluctantly at first) and sat in a new stand for day 5. I saw one bear at last light but when the bear was coming in so was the boat with my guide and another successful hunter.

I continued my hunt on day 6 and with a heavy heart I prayed hard to God and spoke with my father (who is in heaven with God) and prayed to just let me even see a second bear. I only had about 3 minutes left of legal shooting light when I heard a twig break behind me. I slowly turned and watched as a 6 1/2 ft. 400+lb black bear moved from my right side over to directly in front of where I was at in my stand. The bear moved around for what seemed like an eternity not giving me a shot opportunity. I was so awestruck     :eek:    that I even had a bear in shooting range I wasn't sure I could even make the shot if given the chance.

The bear slowly turned and gave me a perfect angle and I drew tried to pick the best spot I could and sent the missle to its intended destination. I watched the arrow hit the mark and then watched the bear go no more than 30 yards where it laid down and gave the infamous,"death moan". I was so overcome and so thankful to God and my father I broke down and cried. (Yeah I admitted it...I cried!).

So Broadside (not to hi-jack your thread) I send to you the hopes, prayers     :pray:    , and patience to harvest your first Trad deer...May the Lord help and be with you on your hunt and may the spirits of hunters before you aid you in your endevour.

God bless,
John
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »
Best of luck to you.
USMC 82-86

Offline 50@25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 01:17:00 AM »
good luck my friend..

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 06:49:00 AM »
My prayers are with you!

The best way to hunt them is go where they live and do so as sneakily as you can...lol

God bless you!
Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »
Good hunting...

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline SaMbO2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
I wish the best of luck to you! When you get one in range just pick a spot and watch that arrow find its mark.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
Good luck broadside! It took me a long time!!! The first is always the hardest but for me the most memorable.  

Mudd, that is more profound than you know. That's what it boils down too.

Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
:wavey:  Good luck Aaron!    :thumbsup:    
And I said a     :pray:   for ya too!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
OK...since you asked...GODD LUCK!!!!!!!!
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Good luck and HAPPY TRAILS! Elk were my nemesis, took me 10 years,10's of thousands of miles,but oh the memories! Keep at it. Charles

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
hey broadside sit back and enjoy the ride it will come and and when it does it will be worth the wait god bless and happy hunting

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Good luck! Go get em!
bolong

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©