3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Smokey's Preorbital Results After Only 8 Days  (Read 2313 times)

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Smokey's Preorbital Results After Only 8 Days
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
I just ordered some. I have a noctural hard-headed 5 or 6 year old buck on my farm. So far nothing but trail cam pics at MIDNIGHT! I have tried to kill him for 2 years. If it works I'm sending in a testimonial  :)  

Mike Davenport

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »
I am going to go chack trail cam pics this evening and put in a hunt (finally) I know I wont have those kinds of bruiser but hopefully some of my little scrambles have taken notice to the lure and mock scrape.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
I quit using scents YEARS ago.....but after talking to Smokey and hearing Fred's and other's stories....I"m going to put it to work this weekend and see what happens.

Thanks for sharing....

T
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
This was a very active scrape that I;ve gotten a whole lotta buck pix from.

This past Monday evening I doctored it up with some Smokey's pre-orbital and inter-digital....

Went back today to hunt it, but the wind was swirling too much so I got out of there early. I noticed right away the scrape doubled in size.

All the pix still at night...but 3 of the four bucks I got were new bucks. Add them to the 6-8 other bucks I've got pix of at this scrape!!

•  

This is a buck I've gotten only one other time at this scrape. He's the biggest of the bunch I think...
•  

Got a velvet pic of this buck in early Sept....but first pic at this scrape...
•  

This is new 8pt. that I hadn't gotten a picture of...
•  

Can't say if the Smokey's made a difference, but it certainly didn't hurt things!!!! I have no doubt this stuff works!!

There's 3-4 shooter bucks, and a half doz. smaller bucks tearing the place up....scapes all over the place!

I pulled the camera, and like a fool forgot my Smokey's so I couldn't work the scrapes again.

But sometime this weekend I'll get in and juice up a few.

Heading to another place tomorrow to hunt and check some scrapes I doctored up on Wednesday     :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Been watching this one, Any new thoughts or pics?

Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline bearbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
Have not been able to check my camera. Too busy at school. Maybe in a few days I will have some more pics.

Offline bearbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
A bump with more pics. New ones soon enough.

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
It looks like this stuff is very effective at bringing deer  into the scrapes, but it seems they are only coming in at night as evidenced by your pictures.  That is typical of scrape activity without the lure, just wondered if anyones sightings had increased during the day when you could actually shoot the deer making the scrape?  Looks to be effective  but if they are not coming in during the day with increasing frequency then it will not do me much good.  Very interested to hear your replies.  Thanks!

Offline bearbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »
Sure they come in earlier too. If you search other posts on Smokeys you will see harversts that others contributed to Smokeys. Its like a fella thats gonna go out on a Friday night and hit the bars. You leave at a certain time and you are going to go to the bars that have the greatest attraction first(whatever her name might be........or their names)The preorbital established a licking branch and with a camera on it you can usually get all the critters in your area on the camera. Gives you an inventory. It almost always turns into a breeding scrape and I have seen the same buck check it three out of four days.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
The big bucks should come in more frequent to keep track of subordinate bucks, but everything seems to work better if you already have strong competion and a good age structure. Even in the best senario we have found that 75% of the buck visits to scrapes are after dark. The use of the preorbital lure will in a sense add more competition (you are a pseudo-deer) at the scrape. I like to start up mock scrapes near my treestand or in an area of deer travel that I can easily set one. So in their quest for dominace, a mature buck will not stand for this "disrespect" and he may frequent this new scrape more. There is a narrow window when your odds have increased.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 04:35:00 PM »

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Smokers is good stuff and it does work. Another product that Don Higgins turned me on to is deer dirt. Look it up. I don't hunt over it but when used in conjunction with smokeys I am able to get a camtracker pic of every buck in the area!  It's nice to know what's out there!

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
Mike I passed on a buck that was very similar to that last one you posted two seasons ago!   What cuddeback is it you are using?  Is it one of the old ones? Before the no flash models or the new ones?

Offline bearbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Herdbull:

Wow theres an old war veteran. If a fella was to take that deer he would have a real trophy. Thats has to be a wise old buck.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
The is one of the old flash CB.  I have been using the Acorn cameras as of late.

Yes that buck was on our land for a while. Part of his skull was cracked and healed over. The next year(see pic below) he was prety heavy but still messed up. I found him dead from unknown cause after that picture. Mike

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »

Im sorry , I found him dead following this pic. The second picture was actually the year before the firtst picture looking straight on. Mike

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Smokeys is the real deal!!

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
Bill has got that right.  The real deal indeed.  I just started using it last season but had great responses.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©