3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: U kno what i like about this place??  (Read 242 times)

Offline HcSmitty

• Trad Bowhunter
U kno what i like about this place??
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
Well its perty simple.  The friendly attitude i see.  Now ive seen people beet a dead horse, and a few disagreements.  But no big deal.
  Im a member of a civil war reenacting forum for "authentic" reenactors.  On their people have an elitist snobby attitude.  So much back stabbing, politics and name calling etc goes on on the forum.  NOBODY can git along.  Post are forever gittin shut down.
  Give you an example of the friendly atmosphere.  I just read a post about sharpening single bevel broadheads.  Now theirs plenty of information bout that on here.  But on the other forum if youd ask something simple youd git about3 or 4 snobbish comments sayin USE the search funtion, theyd prolly insult ur common sense and computer skills a lil bit too.  Then the modertator would shut the thread down...but not be4 he says "use the search function".
  What did our curious fellow git from you guys??  Tons of links to where he could find what he was lookin for as well as tons of informative comments.  You guys are absolutely GREAT.  I love gitn on here n readin n learnin.  You fellows are much better and more hospitable than my civil war buddies on their forum.  Thanks guys!!!  

Hunter Smith.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: U kno what i like about this place??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
I'm with ya Smitty its a pleasurable place to hang out. Sometimes "Do a search" doesn't really get the answer your looking for. Theres not but so much you can talk about so why not repeat half of it every so often anyway and if its talking traditional bows I can read and type and reread all day long.

Offline HcSmitty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Yeahhhhhhhhh, thas how i feel.  I learn so much by readin everyones conversations.  If its a subject i feel im smart enough to contribute on(very rare) i chime in.  This really is a friendly place.  Ur from NC.  Hows ur season goin man??

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
Mostly just regular guy/gals that share some common interests and values. Very few on here are "know it alls" and they usually don't last too long. I've been shooting since 1951 and still find new things/ideas here  and I like to share what has worked for me. I also like the stories and sharing that takes place when we get lucky and take an animal or find the "bow of the moment" that we know is the "ONE" which seems to me, lasts until a newer bow shows up that is simply "amazing". I really find all the bow buying/trading/swapping to be interesting...I guess it's better than drinking and beating your wife. I am a "one bow" kind guy so this aspect of what I see intrigues me.

I feel very comfortable here and one other site. Then there is another where "squabbling" and name calling seems to be OK. People here are pretty accepting and the mods don't put up with too much BS.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline HcSmitty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
Yes, the mods are on top od their job, but then again, i havent seen too awful many problems since my time gitn on here.  Its gits addicting...gitn on here n readin everybodys stories n lookn at pics.  I really enjoy the archives articles.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©