3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BIG THANKS to "adeeden"!  (Read 265 times)

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
BIG THANKS to "adeeden"!
« on: September 18, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Just thought I'd share some thoughts and a big THANKS! :

We all know that Tradgang is a unique site, to say the least. Its chock-full of the friendliest, most generous people I've ever seen or heard of.
Recently I put up a thread asking for opinions on affordable fletching jigs for a guy on a budget. As always, there was plenty of great feedback that was very helpful in helping me find one. But, before I could make a decision on which one to purchase, I received a PM from "adeeden" saying that he had a Cabelas brand fletcher that he wasn't currently using. I was excited at the prospect of picking up a used jig at a decent price, but to my surprise (and amazement), when I returned his PM asking how much he'd like for it, his response was: "it's 100% on me"!!! I tried to insist, but he wouldn't have any of it. Not only that, but it just arrived at my door via Priority mail! What a kind gesture! What a great guy!

I'm very new to the "trad" game, (I recently sold my wheelie to pick up a longbow), and I have to say... one of the main things that attracted me to the wonderful world of trad is it's participants and their amazing kindness, good-humoredness, humility, warmth, helpfullness, and overall camaraderie. Dennis' gesture exemplifies all this to it's fullest.

Not only am I new to it all, but I'll be learning alonside my best buddy...my 4 yr old son who will be receiving a maddog pup longbow for Christmas this year. What better a pasttime, or rather, what better a group of people to raise a boy up with than that of Traditional Archery?!

While I haven't met any of you face to face, I'll look forward to doing so with my son next summer at Denton Hill. I'll especially hope to meet you there, or somewhere on day Dennis.

Thanks so much for your kindness. I really do appreciate it very much. At one point down the road, I'll be sure to pass the jig on to someone else that will be able to use it!   :archer:
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BIG THANKS to "adeeden"!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »
hey buddy,i just posted a give-away for some cedar kid arrows.i don't know if you already put you name in,but they may be good for your sons bow.tradguys are the best.good luck to you this season and thank you for saying something good about a guy that did something good for you.lots of luck,steve

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I want to thank you for shining a light on someone it needs to shine on!

God bless the brother for his giving spirit!

If we can't reach out to help others, what's the point?

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Derek, Your more than welcome, all that old fletcher was doing was collecting dust in the shop anyways! Besides it's just a little pass on to pay back for some of the things that have been given to me by other members. I hope it works well for you and your son, if he is like mine he will need al the arrows you can fletch!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©