3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opening day encounter with two 8 points!  (Read 160 times)

Offline customcrester

• Trad Bowhunter
Opening day encounter with two 8 points!
« on: September 19, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Saturday afternoon around 4:00pm i slipped into my ground blind behind my house just to enjoy the evening and maybe get a shot at a doe.Here in S.E. PA buck doesn't open until Oct. 2nd.Around 6:05 pm the two 8 points i have been watching all summer came in from behind me and the bigger of the two,big lefty as we call him,came past my blind broadside at four yards.All i could do is watch as the two groomed each other and fed on acorns in front of me for over a half hour within 15 yards.They never new i was there.The big 8 point is the buck i want to shoot this year and he gave me every shot i could ever want at him,just two weeks early!I am looking forward to this season more than i have the past few seasons and if the rest of the season goes like the first hunt it will be a great season.I wish you all a safe and successful season and may all your arrows fly true.  :archer2:
"As long as the arrows still in the air there's hope"

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opening day encounter with two 8 points!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
Sounds like you had a wonderful evening... way better than anything on the tube..lol

It will an interesting study to see how your friends react once your thoughts move from that of "watcher" to that of "predator".

If you don't mind could you report back after buck season open and tell us their demeanor has changed any with someone(ie you) looking at them with a different eye.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
I would not sit there too much in risk of burning it out before the buck season! Shawn
Shawn

Offline customcrester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
I hear ya shawn,i am not hunting my property again until buck opens on Oct.2nd.The next time i sit in my blind i plan to kill the big 8 point.  :archer2:
"As long as the arrows still in the air there's hope"

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
What an evening.  Hopefully you haven't gotten all the good shot opportunities on him the hunting gods are going to allow you.     :goldtooth:
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©