3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: If all goes well... (Knife pics)  (Read 156 times)

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
If all goes well... (Knife pics)
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
So the old adage what do you get a man who could buy whatever he needs and wants is an issue that I come across with my father. Gifts that mean much to my father are often just time spent together not a big purchase a fleece hunting sweater. Because I'm a tinker and from the information and tools on this site I decided to make my father something for this deer season. I leave today to go up to MO and bow hunt with my dad with a finished knife in hand. A small token of a son's love shown in a total monetary cost of a $2 file from a pawn shop, scrap lumber from recent bow making, and ultimately a labor of love. I got the spine work idea from a local Fort Smith man who I haven't even met but I saw his work. I figured that my dad would stick a deer and when it comes time to field dress I would hand him the knife. He doesn't even know that I have been tinkering with knives. Now only if my dad can come through and stick one my plan would be complete. The knife was made from an old Nicholson rasp and I left some of the file grooves. Didn't polish the blade out because I wanted it to have a "worked" look. Blade 2 3/4" and handle 3"

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: If all goes well... (Knife pics)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Wow!! If this isn't as good as it gets I don't know what is. Plain, rustic, & most important functional are what I want in a knife. Scallop tracks are great. Handle too. He'll love it. Well done. Hope he kills a deer.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline LeverActionman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
Let us know how it turns out.Thats a nice knife!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
You are certainly on the right track!!

I know your dad will see it as something to be highly prized above anything that could be purchased out of the store or catalog.

You done good!!

I hope we get to see pictures of him field dressing one with the "awesome" gift you're giving him.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
We are shooting for "if it's brown it's down" so if all goes well we will be using it very soon!
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©