3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Gal around!  (Read 1026 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Gal around!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
I believe Dina was (and may still be) a long-time member of TBF I know she used to compeat in their shoots, etc.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Depending on your draw weight and length I may have a few arrows that would get you started. I've also got the Masters of the Barebow series that I'd be happy to loan out to ya for a while.

If you want to get REALLY serious. Rod Jenkins who is one of the stars of the Masters of the barebow will be in South Fl next month for a 2 day clinic. (Shameless plug. I need folks to sign up!! LOL)
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
thanks for all the heads up! i'll check out the club listings (if any)

Im having trouble getting my draw length accuratly checked. its between 25 and 27"

I have an inbound Wings Slimline corsair.  :D  its really lightweight though. only 20# at a 28" draw length...so i assume i'll be pulling 17-19#'s max probably. just a rough guess from my newb self.  :)
For the Fun of it!

Offline oops29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
i'm also a newbie  but welcome to what  seems like a good bunch of people

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »
Don't think I've got any arrows that light weight. Might give Big Jim a call. He is a sponsor here. He did have some 15-35 spined carbons on sale a while back.
As far as local clubs down that way. Look up Lee County Archers. They are a very active club and have shoots of some sort several weekends a month. Their range is off of Bayshore road in North Fort Myers. Nalle Grade if your familiar with the area.
Hope this helps
Brad

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Welcome from Kentucky
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
thanks swampdrummer! i actually went to the lee county archers last week. couldnt go this week due to the rain. it was under water the time i did go, and it hadnt really rained. id hate to see where it was this week. Hahaha

just wish there was one a little bit closer. ^_^

Hi Oops and Kentucky! thanks for the warm greeting!
For the Fun of it!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
Welcome Irene. Don't pay much attention to "Killdeer". She can probably outshoot most on here. Even if she can't outshoot ya, she loves traditional archery and is wise in the ways of the woods. If you are looking for help, all you need do is ask on this site. There is not a better group of people on the net.   :wavey:

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
LOL, yeah Lee County archers range is kinda low out that way. The county has declared Nalle Grade a "disaster" area so they might come in and raise the roads... LOL. Locals just shake their heads...... I don't know of any other clubs down that way but there may be some.

I did some digging around today and I may have some arrows that will work for you. A friend gave me a pile of arrows and I don't know what they spine out at but they shoot fine out of my wifes little 20# long bow. Only problem is that they are only 26" long. If your drawing 25" you'll be fine. If your at 27" well. You can see the problem....  :p  

Another option for arrows at your low poundage would be to just build your own. 1/4 inch dowel rods work fine. You'd have to jump into it and buy nocks and feathers and points and a cheap fletching jig buts its all fairly easy. Just something to think about.

If you want to borrow the masters of the barebow dvd's Your more than welcome to them. I've only watched them about a 100 times.   :D  I can mail them out to you if you'd like.

Brad

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Welcome to the campfire,glad to have another lady around to keep us wild boys in line.I think it was wearing Killie out.You will find some of the most knowledgeable and respectful people here.Enjoy!

if you get a chance post a pic of yourself on this thread, and check out the mugs of some of the guy and gals you will be hearing from.
 http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=084596
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »
Well I went to a pro shop today and had myself measured. He said it was between 25-26. Lol. I guess it's however far I draw. Guess I'm not as consistent as I thought I was.

I don't think there are any other ranges. Maybe in lauderdale but that's an even longer drive. Haha.

I wouldn't mind giving the arrows a try. Obviously I won't shoot my hand off if it's too short.

Originally posted by swampdrummer:
LOL, yeah Lee County archers range is kinda low out that way. The county has declared Nalle Grade a "disaster" area so they might come in and raise the roads... LOL. Locals just shake their heads...... I don't know of any other clubs down that way but there may be some.

I did some digging around today and I may have some arrows that will work for you. A friend gave me a pile of arrows and I don't know what they spine out at but they shoot fine out of my wifes little 20# long bow. Only problem is that they are only 26" long. If your drawing 25" you'll be fine. If your at 27" well. You can see the problem....   :p  

Another option for arrows at your low poundage would be to just build your own. 1/4 inch dowel rods work fine. You'd have to jump into it and buy nocks and feathers and points and a cheap fletching jig buts its all fairly easy. Just something to think about.

If you want to borrow the masters of the barebow dvd's Your more than welcome to them. I've only watched them about a 100 times.    :D   I can mail them out to you if you'd like.

Brad
For the Fun of it!

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
Otherwise, thanks guys for all the heads up. I will Try and add a pic if I can find a decent one.  ;)
For the Fun of it!

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
lol, Ok, I'll fletch up a half dozen of them and we can figure out how to get them to you. They will at least work to get you started.

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
Irene, You ok with yellow and purple fletches? I'd hate to fltech them up with colors you absolutely hate! :-)

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »
Thanks so much swampdrummer! Yellow and purple sound extremely awesome!! Thank you so much! You can send me a private message or I can to discuss things further. Sheesh. I think I need to hit goodwill to find a pair of pants to destroy to make a quiver! You guys ate so totally awesome!!! <3 I'm in live with this forum and it's kindness!!!
For the Fun of it!

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
LOL, If you stick around this forum you'll see. Thats just what we do.... Its an amazing place.... I'll get to making up some arrows in the morning....

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »
This place makes me feel very blessed!  :D
For the Fun of it!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2010, 02:48:00 AM »
You found a great site, with some of the greatest people you will ever meet. The knowledge and generosity on this site amaze me daily.

Good luck with your new bow!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2010, 04:23:00 AM »
Welcome aboard. Always nice to have a nice lady around. Lately we have just had to make due with Illbeer.
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »
Don't try to pick on Killie that way, Charles - she'll "Chief Thundercloud" all over you - again!    :D    ;)

Glad to see things coming together, Irene, with the arrows and all. Being in touch with Dina now will be a big help. She can tell you more in a single e-mail than I forget every year (come to think of it - that's a whole lot - LOL). There are some skinny Easton Aluminum Arrows called Jazz that are very "purty" Purple and silver (that look like a cosmic sky). The best part is they are very good for beginning ladies (and kids) drawing light weight bows. We used to recommend them a lot for those shooters when I worked in a archery shop. Best of luck.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©