3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jeff's Generosity Spins Off New Winner(s) (Medicine Bags)  (Read 505 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jeff's Generosity Spins Off New Winner(s) (Medicine Bags)
« on: September 22, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
I was the second winner in Jeff's three Medicine Bag give-away and, in keeping with that, I received the second two bags via UPS today, from 2hats (the first winner - thanks, buddy). Now, I am supposed to pick one of the two bags made by Jeff and then draw a name to win the third and last bag, then send it to them.

However, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum -       :D     and I have a surprise for all.

While all of the first part of this tripto give-away was going on, my good buddy Jeff made a medicine bag for me and sent it to me, just because he wanted me to have one. Thank you, my friend. It is like 2hats' (gray leather but with no ornament, as Jeff went out and got me a NZ pin for it, and another for my (infamous) hat) - but they are still on the way. Here is my picture w/bag, following Jeff's desires (try not to stare at the "turkey wattles", please - LOL). The flash washed the bag out a little but I have put a little lucky rock, that Jeff sent me about 2 or 3 years ago, inside the bag. Once I get the NZ pins in, I will take a better pic and post it in one of the Medicine Bag threads.

Now, here is the surprise, staying in line with the spirit of Jeff's generous offer, I will not keep one of the two bags I received from 2hats today (though they are both very nice ones). Instead I will draw a name/winner and send both bags to that person (as if he/she were the second winner), then that person/winner will pick his choice, hold a drawing for the final one, and send that one on to the final winner. So - instead of just one more winner at this point, as expected - you still have two chances to win. Don't that nice? - LOL

In a few minutes I will put 25 numbered poker chips, one for each of the 25 remaining entrants, in a bag and draw one out. The name that the number corresponds to will be the (now) SECOND winner.

Are you ready for the drawing?

Ooops, my wife just called me to the supper table - as you can tell by my pic - I don't miss that call often - LOL. Be back later with the drawing/winner.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jeff's Generosity Spins Off New Winner(s) (Medicine Bags)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
That's the spirit!!! And you get to "keep'em hangin" too... wow!! You're just tops in my book Bernie!!

Old Jeffie ain't all that shabby either but he needs to post a picture in his new hat.

I sent him a pattern and he out did me!!

His hat looks so much cooler than mine.

I'll have to get some lessons from him..lol

God bless,Mudd

PS: Come on Jeff shows us the new hat with you under it...lol
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Thanks, Mudd. Finished supper (Burp!) and I'm about to do the drawing now.

Yeah, you can post your hat pic in this thread if you want, Jeff.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
I couldn't get a drum roll so i just burped again and then let my wife, Rose, draw a chip while i was "rolling" the burp (lottsa class here, huh?)

The drawn chip has the winning #16 on it - - - - -

and that jives with the entrant - - - - - - - - - -

Tatersalad

(I just ate some for supper - no, wait - that was macaroni salad tonight - no connection    :p )

Congrats Tatersalad, PM me your name and snail mail addee and I'll get the two very nice hand-crafted Medicine bags, from Jeff, off to you by the end of the week - so you can do your part in this  triple give-away (that became a four-way give-away    ;) )    

Thanks again, Jeff.

(wonder who the final winner will be - hmmmmmmmm)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »
There's the generous "Kiwi" himself - that is a nice job on the hat. Thanks for posting it, Mudd. Kinda looks like Friar Tuck copped Robinhood's hat    ;) . I sent Jeff a PM about this thread but of course their hours down there are opposite ours up here. I'm sure he'll be on later in the (our) AM.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:00:00 AM »
I just couldn't help myself. I think you've most likely guessed by now that patience isn't always my strong suit...lol

He's a good sport.. or at least that's what I'm counting on...lol

God bless,Mudd
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 09:11:00 AM »
He is - most of the time -    :scared:     :laughing:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
Well - what is this lack of shown interest, after all the entries???    :saywhat:

I guess Tater is also busy eatin' salad    ;)  Anyway I sent him a PM, after checking his bio. I suggested he check this thread    :D

Also Jeff, himself must be sleeping in, big-time, today.

After all, if I wanted to be ignored I could just go make entries on my "Dino Thread" for ATAR 2011   :laughing:

Just kidding and picking to see if i can wake anybody up - since there is no audio alarm clock feature on TG    ;)

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
LOL - I got a PM from Michael (Tatersalad) and he said, "Wow, I never win anything." Of. course he gave me his addee and thanks also. I expected to find a post by him here but      :confused:    Either he didn't post, or typed a post and then hit the "X" to "Close" (by force of habit) instead of "Add Reply". Like I do every now and then. Go figure      :goldtooth:

As I told Michael, I love it when I win but I also love it when folks win drawings on here who normally don't win things. makes it nice.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »
Dianne here (on work computer)  for Jeff - our lap top is down again (think it's  a virus - Jeff running around trying to get it fixed - plus our front fence blew down in the rolling storms we have been having!!  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
Thank you, for posting that, Dianne. He did let Rose know there was something up with the "puter' this afternoon in a phone message for me (while I was outside doing some catch-up work) but I hadn't got back to post about it yet.  Sorry the storms ate your fence - it's always something, isn't it?

BTW - don't know if y'aal noticed (or if Jeff realized it for that matter) but the beads on my medicine are the MarineCorps traditional colors. They call it the Scarlet and Gold but they use Red and yellow for it and it always looks so good (to us marines anyway - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
hi uncle Bernie im back!!! hey Mudd if ya like i can make ya one of those fine hats  :p    :laughing:  you may have guessed the puter is fixed.

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Glad to hear that, Jeff.

Here is a sample of the "Scarlet and Gold" (red and yellow) of the US Marines (our official MC flag crossed with "Old Glory")

How does the way I handled the drawing thing suit you, old friend, since I was going to wind up with two of your bags???

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
just fine uncle Bernie just fine    :thumbsup:   ya done good  real good   :notworthy:  right i got to sort the fence out later

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
There ya go, Jeff.   :archer:   Good luck with the fence, and i hope the winds don't come back and leap on it again.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »
yeah me to as my back is killing me some  :mad:    :biglaugh:

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Well, at least you got your computer fixed so you can come to tradgang and get your daily "R&R" (rest and relaxation) - LOL

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
:laughing:    :laughing:

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
I mailed the last two bags off to Tatersalad today so he should be holding the final drawing early next week, with any luck.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©