3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowohalism  (Read 887 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowohalism
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 06:51:00 AM »
i am fine with the few bows i own UNTILL i go to Ron W's house and shoot his collection!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Bigkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
I am a bowaholic!

I started with 4 and now I am up to 15 for me and 6 for the kids!

Help I can't beat the addiction

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
If you havnt got the sickness then its time to move on.......
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Somebody has to keep the economy moving...  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
and his wife gets to sell all his bows and paaarrrtttyy!!!!!!..lol
But it sucks to think she sold them for what you told her you paid for them, or what she thinks they are worth...

Someone is going to have a VERY lucky day with my firearm and bow collection.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by pavan:
I heard that he had to sell his pickup to pay for a new bow, it's time for an intervention.
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:  

Why does he need an intervention? Did he not get enough bow for his truck?  :D
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
I have only got 3 shooters, 2 for me and 1 for my wife. And my shooters are a hybrid long bow and a recurve, I don't think I am addicted yet. Ty
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
My name is Donald and I am a Bowholic.

6 on the rack and one on the way.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Ummmm, let's see--I'm down to 19 on the rack and all of them get shot.  I'm the most blessed man in the world--my wife says I can have all the bows I want as long as she's the only woman.  Gotta love a gal like that.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
David,  That is a smart wife. bows are cheaper than the other woman and cause a lot less trouble.

To many bows?  Thats like to much money, to pretty of a wife, and to fast of a car.  "Ain't no such thing!"
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
David,  That is a smart wife. bows are cheaper than the other woman and cause a lot less trouble.

To many bows?  Thats like to much money, to pretty of a wife, and to fast of a car.  "Ain't no such thing!"
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline tah-gah-jute

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
i kinda lost track how many i have.somewhere like 25-30 or so.started making selfbows a few years ago so as a friend says as my wood pile decreases my bow racks increase.

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
I caught it young, I'm 18 have 3 and one on the way... But on the plus side i have my next few planned out! oh wait college next year, crap...

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Guilty, my wife just shakes her head. (sometimes her fist  :)   )   I always counter...  at least I don't drink or gamble....   Really does the trick usually.   PS  As much as we prize our collections, when we die our wifes will dump them fast and cheap.   Believe me, I've been on the good side of that phenomenon.

Offline Cal bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
I only have 3, I guess I am just a social bow user and not a bowaholic. Denial is the first stage.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »
Its all these enablers here on the website that feed the addiction.They are like pushers taking advantage of the afflicted who have lost all control of thier rational senses.Teasing with graphic pictures and singing the praises of the bow you know you cant live without.That you have been dreaming about.That you cant live without.That you would die for.

In the end its a healthy obsession,a fun hobbie and its always nice to have another bow to look forward to trying,admiring,flinging arrows from and enabling another Bowahhlic to give it a whirl as well when it moves along.Then thiers the keepers that stay on the rack to enjoy for many years.That just fit you right.The search for the Holy Grail of bows beats on.

Enjoy the ride and hit the Bowaholic meeting when you feel your loosing control and ready to mortgage the house,find yourself foraging through your wifes jewelry box to see what you could pawn,Slipping her wedding ring from her ring finger gracefully when she sleeps,sale your favorite hunting dog or skimming from the kids college fund.

Those are serious red flags that you have issues in the bowaholics handbook.

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »
It's just one of those things. You can never have too many bow. Right now I have 6 or 7.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
I had it pretty bad for awhile, but then I took the cure (thought I found "The One").  I went for more than a year without buying a bow.

In the past year I discovered how cool the old Bears, Damon Howatt's, etc. are.  Talk about an addiction!  These things breed like rabbits and are taking over my shop!  They are totally out of control!  I need help!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »
My wife says you can only shoot one at a time, so why do you have 7 Bows in the rack down stairs. One guy does not need 7 bows! Oh I forgot about the rack on the wall upstairs, thats 3 more, that makes 10. Why does One guy have 10 bows, Oh I didn't see the 2 bows in your man cave (Reloading/Gun room) Thats 12 bows, She says she gives up, But 12 Bows. I didn't tell her about the 2 I have on Order!!! Hope I am still alive in the Spring so I can enjoy shooting Them. God Bless Don
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »
I just last night talked to a bowyer for an hour. Got on the list...My name is KentuckyTJ and I have a problem.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©