3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question on TD longbow form  (Read 373 times)

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Question on TD longbow form
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I'm making my form for a pronounced TD longbow limb. Not ready to dive into the firehose setup yet so am either going to use rubber bands or strings and wedges. Do you recommend making the form convex or concave? Thanks, Steve
  :help:

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question on TD longbow form
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
Steve, I would cut my rubber bands from a bike inner tube. A lot will break during cooking. The fire hose is the way to go trust me.RC

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »
I don't know why, but concave seems right.  Maybe because you generally cover the belly with tape and draw the limb shape there and it just seems right to keep the drawing up, where you can see it.  Perhaps someone will speak up with a more scientific reason?
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline elk ninja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
I have had good success using the clamp style form.... allows fine control of pressure and better alignment adjustment ability.  Cost is comparable to the hose, ease of construction is the same.... either way works just fine, but I think you want it concave because it allows the wedge to sit properly, i.e., like it will on the bow, flat.  The wedge should be flat on the back of the bow, and the taper should be evident on the belly.... or did I get that backwards?  Good luck.
Semper Fi,
Mike
>>>--Semper-Fi--->

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©