3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: IBO ratings  (Read 122 times)

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
IBO ratings
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever tested a stickbow using the absurd IBO specs of a 70# bow shooting a 350gr. arrow? Just wondering what kind of velocity this would produce, if you didn't blow something up.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: IBO ratings
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
I like my bows too much to chance that,it's almost like dry firing the bow.But it would definitely be plenty fast compared to shooting heavier arrows.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
Jim Belcher has a video of his SSR recurve being shot using IBO specs on his website.  It averaged 254 fps and sounds like a gun going off when the arrow is released.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
randy...i think the sound you hear in that video is the hooter shooter goin off...i shot my osage psax at ibo two arrows worth..it wasnt any louder than normal from what i could hear,maybe a touch but not much.i was shooting at 60 pounds..300 gr arrow.30" draw.blew through at 250 and 252..pretty fast.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©