3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: great wool!  (Read 210 times)

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
great wool!
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
Just recieved my pullover shirt and vest from Teresa Asbell! Super product  :notworthy:  Can't wait for the weather to turn colder so I can get in the woods with them  :campfire:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: great wool!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
yes, indeed... very nice & a good price
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Tailor made and an excellent price, I love mine!!! and I am anxious to use it these hunting season
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
I forgot to ask Teresa about care of her wool. Can they just be tossed in the washer?  :confused:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 01:36:00 AM »
Can they just be tossed in the washer?  
Absolutely,.... especially if you have small children that can wear them afterward....        :D  

No,    :nono:   Washer agitators will shrink wool. It's best to hand wash and hang dry....
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »
Ron , should a person order them a size or two larger because of the shrinkage even when hand washing??
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:

Can they just be tossed in the washer?  
Absolutely,.... especially if you have small children that can wear them afterward....         :D  

No,     :nono:    Washer agitators will shrink wool. It's best to hand wash and hang dry.... [/b]
That's what Mrs. Asbell told me as well cept she told me to lay it flat to dry & to only use cold water with the detergent.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
I have had one for two years and it still looks great,even after washing a few times.......I have a lot of wool and usually wash each a time or two every season. I use a large tote bin, fill half full with cold water,add detergent(woolite or now I use "sensitive" detergent-no scents,dyes or UV brightners),add the wool,stir gently and let it soak an hour or so, then dump water,add more cold,stir gently...repeat 2 or three times,LIGHTLY squeese extra water out then hang or lay flat on drying rack.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
That's what Mrs. Asbell told me as well cept she told me to lay it flat to dry & to only use cold water with the detergent.  
Yes,... use Woolite or a "mild" detergent..   :readit: ...or dry clean
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
Ask yourself 'why wash'   :dunno:   - you can hang it outside to air it out. Mine has gotta' really get dirty to be washed. Odors don't stay-at least not in my case   :)  , a little baking soda helps too, I have wool that has not been washed in years.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©