3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vermont hunters...Game day is today!Good luck!  (Read 1049 times)

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Vermont hunters...Game day is today!Good luck!
« on: September 26, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
Pretty pumped about our saturday opener.

This year has been somewhat more stressfull than past for various reasons.I really need the recharge time out in the stand for sure.

Lets hear where the rest of the green mountain crew will be hunting on gameday...setup pics...past trohpies..

I'll be heading about 200 yards out the front door saturday across the road to a new stand here in Wells on gameday morning.Will have my trusty Silvertip in hand with some surewoods and 145 Ace standards in my great northern side mount.    :thumbsup:    

:campfire:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline Schafer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vermont hunters...Game day is today!Good luck!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »

This was in 06 and it was my first trad kill and hopin to end the 3 years without getting one this year. All I no is this year feels good!
“There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” - Fred Bear

53@29 Randy Morin Banshee
66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »
Great deer right there Schafer!

Here's mine from last year

One thing will be different this year..None of that scent lok for me.Went to vintage camo this year.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
Good luck to all my fellow Vermonters this year.
Randy.

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
Most of my set-ups involve acorns and I'm worried that they'll be all gone by next weekend. Hopefully I'm wrong, I'm not usually.    :rolleyes:
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline goosespirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
I hear ya greg.  My spots too are acorn spots and many have already fallen.  They are in good funnels, however, so I still should get some activity.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
Sounds good guys.From what I've seen this year during squirrel hunts the acrons and Hickory nuts are insane this year.I have the good fortune of having 14 acres of Hemlock and pine..so all I have are travel areas.I did plant an acre of corn this year so we'll see if it improves things.Got a big boy running around and a couple smaller boys.Would like to hammer a doe early so I can buck hunt the rest of the time.

Then again we all know how trying to plan deer season goes.   :rolleyes:      :readit:

Offline elbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
Don't have a lot of acorns on my properties in Poultney and Hubbardton but do have some apple to try. Not going to Ohio this ye3 so I will be concentrating more at home and in Hebron NY. Gonna try my Elburg longbow first and if I get lucky will sdwith to a Bear Kodiak hunter. Have got trail cam photos of 4 shooter bucks on my.  Properrt. Good luck boys.

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
Schafer and I set this stand up to practice out of this past weekend    :archer2:    and we also did a bit of squirrell looking. The leaves are really coming along nicely. really looking forward to some tree time this weekend.

Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Great pics Greg. :thumbsup:

I've got a ladder stand setup in the yard for year round for shooting(Just one of the cheap ones from Dick's).Really helps out the confidence level.

Looks like the trees are turned about as far along up there as ours are.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
Craig...I wanted to get a NY license this year too.Got a moose hunt next month and headed to OH in Nov so can't swing it this year.Next year def!

Offline elbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
Rich I have hunted Ohio 5 years in a row great place killed a lot of good buck there we have a good spot can't go this year family obligations but will be back there next year. Ohio has spoiled me but Hebron is fun and so is here. If things chane for you and ytou do go to NY thisyear let me know got a good place there me and Jerry hunt scouted it last weekend plenty of deer. If this is yopurr first time in Ohio hang on about November 5 or 6n when the rut kicks in it is enough to make a Vermont boy wet his pants. I sure didm good luck

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
Hey Rich, how 'bout some pics modeling the new camo!   :clapper:

- Doug Lawson.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 04:44:00 AM »
Absoulutely Greg..will have some after they come out of the wash. :thumbsup:

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »
Rich....you ain't back from the brook yet?   :bigsmyl:

- Doug Lawson.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
Just got back..

Pretty cool huh?Snagged em off fleabey for less then 20.I also have some of the tan background dot camo as well,but my stands are in hemlocks and pines so I needed darker.Took me a LONG time to find this getup.Never thought I'd see another one.My dad had a set back in the 70's that I cut up a while ago to make stuff out of.

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
Nice duds. I figured you were talking about some plaid woolies when you mentioned vintage. I'm old enough to have worn some of that when I was younger.

- Doug Lawson.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Oh heck I got some of that stuff already.Plenty of woolens for later in the season.  :thumbsup:  

TWO more days guys!!

:D      :archer2:

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
Not sure what elbow is talking about, our deer season stinks!  I Can't imagine why I keep seeing so many green plates in NOvember?

Actually my good friends in Vermont hardly bowhunt there much, they seem to keep coming down to see me now. Ohio has spoiled them.

I do miss hunting the Vermont woods though I grew up rifle hunting there. Sad to see so much land getting posted.  That is getting worse in a lot of places here too.

Wish you all good luck in the green Mtn State, and those of you coming to buckeye land.

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
I'll be at our huntin' camp with my best (Bow) hunting friend...like our 6th in a row. So opening weekend is decidated to this hunt! Will try to post pic' if I remember!!! Good huntin to all!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©