3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trophy Doe CONTEST/ UPDATE W/ Winner!  (Read 1776 times)

Offline thewal2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trophy Doe CONTEST/ UPDATE W/ Winner!
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
opening weekend I shot this 127 pound field dressed doe!  my second bow kill and she was huge I think!  I cant imagine a 150 doe but Id like to see one!

cabelas scale and I am 5"10 260...beefy!!!!

Tim

please resize all posted images no wider than 640.

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
thanks jw, i looked at about ten times too then all the sudden i saw his eye shining and really wondered why the doe was kinda shying away from the corn and the buck was full alert, ears forward, what the heck are you doin here "look" on his face.. thought it was funny

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
This year's doe was a mature Northerner.  Her hooves were curling up...but I didn't weigh her.  Doc & Tilly

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2010, 06:13:00 AM »
My biggest of three this year...a hair shy of 110# dressed...

•  

•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »
way to go Curt!
Make a life, not a living

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »
tippit..shoulda weighed that one bud. That is a hog for sure.

I just saw this thread. Hopefully it will give me motivation to get out of bed. I still have till Jan 9th here.  :jumper:

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Ah stink - I forgot about this thread.  Oh well, here's the doe I took day after Thanksgiving.  She's big, she's huge and I forgot to weigh her.  Judging by how hard she was to get out of the brush she died in, I conservatively estimate she weighed 1,001 pounds.

Well, maybe not that much but we got 70# of boneless meat out of her.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
I had a "swamp donkey" try to take me out just before dark last night.

I heard a deer approach from behind. I was in my climber, about fifteen feet up and well hidden. A beaten path in the snow fifteen yards in front of me. It was moving towards the trail.

The approach was steady with only a couple stops along the way, UNTIL it was about ten yards directly behind me. The footfalls had gotten me all worked up, and I had to slowly lower my bow until the limb tip was on my boot. I still had no idea if it was a buck or doe, but it was a heavy deer and alone so far. I was thinking buck.

Late season deer don`t put up with mistakes, and the longer they are in range, the lower the odds.
The adrenaline flood gates were full open. Whitetail turned statue.

I SLOWLY turned my head to try and see the "rack"...a HUGE doe. Just like NASCAR, my RPM`s are just about redline. It`s quiet with a gentle snow. MANY, MANY minutes ticked by. An excellent probability that we had BOTH been in this same situation before.

Dissappointed I did not die from a heart attack, she SUDDENLY snorted, bringing an involuntary and massive flinch from me that sent my arrow from my undrawn bow to the ground and her to the north west. She stopped once and looked back, dissappointed again that I did not fall from the tree.

I was actually relieved it was over, because I ain`t that tough.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
Well, with all the logging going on adjacent to our property the second half of our season was very difficult. I had 6 does walk by one of my treestand one afternoon but none were on my hit list and the shots presented were less than ideal. One of the biggest does has 3 young female offspring from this year. I won't shoot her with her having to get them thru the winter. Several of the others came pretty close to that stand but none came in close enough for a shot or for me to identify them. We have one doe group of 3. All are adult and none of them have offspring. I was holding our for the biggest one (if they showed up) but from my trail cam pics they seemed be coming from the direction of  the logging area so they were always getting their pics taken after dark. Before the logging started they had been around one of my Double Bulls and the nearest tree stand as early as 3:30 in the afternoon. Here's a recent pic of the three of them  chomping down on a corn pile. (I've discussed baiting on our property on this thread and others. It's legal in NH and our property has no mast on it so we have resorted to using it in several areas. Trouble with it is is that the deer figure you out in a couple of days so your first encounter has to be successful). The really good news is that all of our does made it through the hunting seasons so we should be "fawn rich" in the Spring. One of the most interesting things we saw this year was that every single doe that had a male fawn never showed up in our photos with their button bucks once the rut started. I understand that they will chase them off once they come into heat but not a single one was seen from early Nov. on. Makes me wonder where they go.

As for the porcupines....one of them bit the dust as well as 3 racoons. The Animal control people told me that rabies has been prevalent in the area and encouraged us to  kill every coon we could.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
Three adult does with no fawns = coyotes!

Hunt hard Bill!

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
I know this is a whitetail doe weight contest but I wanted to add this muley doe weight for a prospective. I am personaly amazed by some of the whitetail doe weights posted on here. I have butcherd 4 does this year and this has been the biggest so far. It weight in at 115 lbs. dressed weight and would guess the age about 4 years old. I have seen mule deer does that seemed bigger but this is a bigger that normal mule deer doe.

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Getting close to the end but there are still a couple weeks left for you all to cash in.  Been real cold here and very little daylight movement but I am still getting out a couple times a week.  January 1st after sundown I will review this thread for a winner - That is the end of Michigan's deer season so I appologize to those who get to hunt longer.  Keep the posts coming in!!
Perfect post Guru

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
I get some days off after Christmas...I plan on posting a photo here!  :D

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Today is it!

One half hour after sunset our season is closed.
I have yet to draw my bow on a late season doe!

Right now it is so foggy, if you were fifteen feet in a tree, you wouldn`t be able to say what kind of animal was making noise under your stand.

The temps went up, the rain came down and our snow is all but gone. It looks like mid April outside.

I will give it a go this afternoon, come rain, snow or whatever. When the sun sets this evening, it will PROBABLY be the first time in my hunting career that I did not tag at least one doe. I have taken deer on the last evening, so it ain`t over YET!!!

Great contest Bob...I have enjoyed it all along.

P.S. The wood shafts you sent me and my boys are some of the best quality shafts I have ever dealt with. True "old school" quality.

I will post some pictures of the arrows born of these shafts!!!

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
Here is my big doe for the year. She gave us lots of good eats!!   ;)   Wish I had a scale.....

Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
No doe for me...

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
TTT - with a winner!  Congratulations Jim Gilmer

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Dang...I still have till next Sunday to hunt.  :dunno:

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
ttt

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
where are the pic's and details?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©