3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison ILF Set Up ?  (Read 177 times)

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison ILF Set Up ?
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Well I managed to buy a set of Bob's Carbon Foam longbow limbs and a Mini 14 riser, just got the riser and a string from Bob for this 54" longbow today.  Now my question is where do I start with the set up.  I just talked to Bob's wife and she is going to mail me the set up sheet but I can't wait that long.  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, chopping at the bit so to speak.
Thanks
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison ILF Set Up ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Do you shoot split finger or three under? I shoot three under and seem to like my tiller set-up even. I would say find the tiller setting, brace height and nocking point that shoots best for you and you got it. Then you can tinker with your arrows.

I think 6 1/2" to 7" is the brace you'll be looking at, and I think the # marked on most ilf limbs is at two turns out, not sure on that?
I start out with the bolts backed out two full turns from tight, I put a small sharpie mark on both bolts for reference. Then I adjust tiller from there.

I'm far from a pro so others might weigh in on this.

Good luck, have fun!

Offline John Kennedy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
I shoot the same set-up,lengthwise,anyway, that you have. My bow is #47@26, I have an SBD 6 strand ultra string, set my nock at 7/16, and shoot CE heritage 150's at 26.5" with 175 grain tips. Hope this helps.

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Thanks for the input, I will put it to use.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
What RLA said. I shoot split finger and my tiller is set at 1/8 in. positive on the upper limb. My brace height is 7 1/2" however I am shooting a 60" bow. My nock is 3/16 over 90 degrees. Sweetest shooting bow I have ever shot.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
I just received a 15" riser that I coupled with some 50 lbs. Medium Daala limbs, making a 56" rig.  Braced it around 7 1/2, I draw 27 1/2 & arrows are 29" CE Trad 150's with 175 grain points.

I'm still tinkering with it, but was shooting tight groups today at 22 yards.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
My ILF is 54" and my nock is 4/16" above center and brace is at 7".Bare shafts fly true.I am shooting CE Thunderstorm arrow at 27.5 in with 125 Magnus with very tight groups.Best set up i've ever had,Shawnee just about the same with a 7 1/2 brace.Smokes a bareshaft like a dart.Good shooting
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©